Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Time has Come

That time is almost here! The day I've been dreading! On Thursday I have to return to work. I don't dread my job because I love my job. I really do! I enjoy teaching and watching my students grow and learn. I dread leaving my sweet boy! I've been with him everyday for the past 14 weeks and I don't know how I will do without him with me. I'm not worried about him... He'll be in great hands and he probably won't even realize I'm not around. I know my heart will hurt though! I have it pretty good... I only return for one and a half days and then I'm on spring break! Not too shabby! So this week will just be getting my feet wet and Landon will be home with daddy because he's on spring break this week. I know it won't be easy but I can do it! I'm so envious of all you stay at home moms! The worst part will be saying goodbye to this sweet face everyday...

2 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    The first day is the hardest, and it does get easier! On my first day back, I cried the whole day before and all the way to work that morning, but once my class showed up, I didn't even have time to dwell on it, and it makes it even more fun to see your baby in the afternoons.

    No mom will tell you it's easy, but just remember that most of us have been there and it's okay to cry! We are all there for you!!!! (And only 42 more days of school!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa
    I agree with what was said above. I cried the whole week before, I cried at work but was really busy so time flew just like it will for you. Believe me I still cry, whine about going to work and missing out on days with jack. It stinks to be away but its so great to see their amazing smiles after work. Good luck and your little guy is si lucky to have you. Colleen stebe

    ReplyDelete