Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Teachers Love

Friday's tragic event has me all shook up.  I know I'm not alone and I know my heart isn't the only one broken over this horrific, senseless act.  As a teacher I can't imagine being in the position that those teachers at Sandy Hook were in on Friday.  What a nightmare.  Sure, we all practice intruder drills and we know what to do in the event of a horrible incident, however, not in my wildest dreams have I ever thought I would actually have to put any of it into action.  Friday's tragedy has me thinking real hard about it all.  I'm sure the teachers and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary never thought they would have to put themselves between their students and a gunman.  I've done a lot of thinking the past few days and although I realize this is an isolated incident and yes they don't occur often... I won't be naive to think it can't happen to me. 

The children in my class are precious.  They are someones sons and daughters.  They are someones whole world.  I know this because my children are my whole world.  I know I am their guardian while at school and I do love those kids and I would do anything to protect them.  I've prayed a lot this weekend and I've asked God to give me the wisdom and strength if ever I am put into a situation like the CT teachers were on Friday.  I've asked for guidance as I head into the final week before winter break.  I hope that my 7 and 8 year old know nothing about Friday's events, but if they do and if they are scared I pray for the courage to stay strong for them and to do everything in my power to make those sweet kids feel safe.  Please say a prayer for the families involved in this tragedy and please say a prayer for all the teachers and students who must continue on tomorrow despite the evil act impacting all of our hearts.

Pat and I are also asking for your prayers as we head into our big ultrasound tomorrow.  Not only do we get to find out the sex of baby #3, but they will also do a complete scan.  If you recall, at Landon's big ultrasound we were told their was a problem with his heart.  Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing, however, it has made us very uneasy about this scan.  We know too well that each life is so very precious and simply a miracle.  We are praying for a healthy child!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment