Monday, November 19, 2012

Hall of Fame

On Saturday night my dad was inducted into the St. Mary's High School Sports Hall of Fame.  This is an honor long over due and very much deserved. After 27 years of coaching baseball and soccer at St. Mary's my dad ended his coaching career at the end of last school year.  In his own words, "I thought it would be good to stop while I was on top.  My health is good and their are some great, new, young coaches who I trust to take over the program."  I know my dad has been instrumental in the athletic department at St. Mary's.  Many young men have learned a great deal from him.  The event on Saturday was so nice.  All of my siblings and their spouses were in attendance (with the exception of Eddie who lives in Atlanta).  My dads sister in law and her entire family came to support dad and my moms sister and her family were there as well.  The greatest moment of the night was when my dad's name was announced..... we were near the front and I turned around and the entire room was on their feet clapping.  What a tribute to my dad.  There were nine others inducted, my dad was the only one who had a standing ovation... I'm so proud of him.

Here's a picture of dad making his speech.. which if you know my dad, it was FANTASTIC!








No comments:

Post a Comment