Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mya's Nursery

Wow!  We are less than 3 weeks away from Mya's arrival.  I am scheduled for a c-section on Saturday, May 18th!  I'm only a little excited;)!  Of course, this large mama is more than willing for her baby girl to make an early appearance, but if she's like her brother she'll wait until the 18th.  :)  All on her time of course!  As we patiently await her arrival we have been working hard on her nursery.  This was a bittersweet thing for me to do.  On one hand, I was so very excited to find out we we're having a girl.  On the other hand, I was scared to death to find out that we we're having a girl.  In my head all I could think was that I carried a healthy baby boy, I did not carry a healthy baby girl.  In fact, I carried a very sick little girl.  That scares me.  I knew that it would be a long 5 months if I dwelled on that, so I put my faith in God and put Mya's life in His hands.  I may have asked Paige to watch out for her baby sister as well;).  I am now 36 1/2 weeks along and had an ultrasound on Monday.  Miss Mya looks good... big, but good.  And she's a mover, she may just walk out of me on the 18th... we'll see.  I already love her so much and can't wait to have her in my arms.  I'm even more excited for Landon to have a sibling here with him.  We tell him all about Paige and I know he loves her but I'm excited for him to have someone to grow up with.  Landon and Mya are so lucky to have
a sweet angel watching over them always! 

On to the nursery.  A lot of love went into every detail of Mya's nursery.  I knew from the start that I just didn't have it in me to do another pink nursery.  My heart just wouldn't let me go there.  However, I did know that I wanted a girly nursery.  After searching on the ever so popular Pinterest I gathered a few ideas and went with it.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out and can't wait to bring Mya home to her room.  It still needs a few details but its' close.  Also, a HUGE thanks to my sister Marcia!  She made my bedding and it turned out AMAZING!  I couldn't be happier with it!




 
 
Now, all we need is Mya!!!!




5 comments:

  1. Her nursery is beautiful! Happy to hear she looked good on the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery is SO sweet! I love it and know Mya will as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! I can not wait for her to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mya's nursery looks great! You did a really good job, Marissa! Can't wait to see that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute nursery!

    ReplyDelete