Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bereaved Mother's Day

Today is International Bereaved Mother's Day.  I truly don't believe anyone celebrates this day but it's definitely a day where many mothers stop and remember there sweet babies and children.  It's something that I never imagined... having to bury a child, much less my sweet, innocent baby.  It's definitely not how I saw my life going, but it did and my sweet Paige will always be a huge part of our family.  It is better to have had her for a few days rather than not having her at all.  She has changed our lives and I truly believe Pat and I are better parents because of her.  

It hurts to even think that I fall under the category of "bereaved mother" but I do.  It's my reality.  I belong in this very undesirable "club" with some amazing women.  They are the strongest women I know and without them I wouldn't be where I am today.  So, today I honor all those moms who are missing their precious children on this day.

I love you too sweet girl!



2 comments:

  1. I love you Marissa and I am so glad to have known Paige. She has touched so many lives. I know she watches over all of us now and we are lucky to have such a sweet advocate in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a picture or photograph to put on facebook on Sunday for my friends who, for whatever reasons, are not holding their children. I ran across paige's picture and wanted to tell you that I thought she was beautiful. Good luck with your cesarean next week and many hugs and kisses for your older son and new baby. Hope your family has a smooth transition and have a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete