Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deflated & Dad update

I'm so very sad to post that Paige's balloons are well on their way to being deflated!  It makes my heart so sad.  I knew that they would not last forever, but secretly I wanted them to.  I just felt like Paige was in the room.  She is with me every night when I rock her baby brother to sleep.  She's a part of our nightly ritual.  And now the balloons are making their way south.  I have not thrown them out.  I probably won't.  I'll most likely keep them with all of Paige's things in her trunk.  They were her birthday balloons and so we won't throw them away.  In my heart I know my baby girl is a part of my every step.  She's always with me.  She always will be.  Those balloons just symbolized her presence and although they soon will be placed with the rest of her belongings I know she will still listen to Landon's bed time stories and songs and be there when I tuck her brother in each night.  Plus, you have to admit 3 months and 17 days is an awful long time for balloons to last! 

It's been awhile since I have posted about my dad.  I believe the last thing I wrote about was dad being in remission from his lymphoma!  At the beginning of this month he went for his 3 month CAT scan and the lymphoma is still gone!  Praise Jesus!  Dad will continue to go for a scan every 3 months.  Although dad is in remission with the lymphoma battle I'm sad to say his fight is not over yet.  Dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer in February.  :(  Ugh!  Dad will have surgery in late May to have this tumor removed.  The doctors seem optimistic that surgery will be able to take care of the entire tumor.  Dad is staying positive and just so happy he does not have to have more chemotherapy.  This is dad's 4th type of cancer and there is not a doubt in my mind that he will kick this kidney cancer in the butt and beat it just like he beat the prostate cancer, melanoma and lymphoma!  I thank God each day for a strong dad who can fight these battles with such poise and faith!  Please continue praying for my dad, prayers have got him this far and they will carry him the rest of the way!


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marissa I found you from Kelly's I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Paige. I read her story, so very sad. I said goodbye to my Jonathan 1-24-12 born still. I am saying a prayer for you and for your dad. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete