Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Have Your Way

Just as seasons change so does my attitude.  I have found myself in a slump lately.  I'm getting good at slapping on a smile and tucking my emotions under my sleeve.  Maybe it's because I've gotten so used to it and it's all I know.  Maybe it's because it's easier than allowing my emotions and my grief to overcome me.  Maybe it's because I'm ashamed to feel sad after receiving such a wonderful gift in my Landon.  Maybe it's because Mother's day is fast approaching and I only get to spend it with one of my babies.  I don't know what it is... probably a mixture of them all. 

For the past 16 months I have had the same conversation with God over and over in my head.  I ask so many questions.  I don't get answers.  But I do know that God has been with me everyday for the past 16 months.  He's held my hand through this crazy life I live and through it all I have learned that I am on God's time.  It's His way.  It's the plan that God created for me. 

Today a dear co-worker shared a song with me.  I heard the song and thought to myself this is the conversation I have with God almost everyday.  I think this song is beautiful and I couldn't of wrote my feelings better myself!

Really listen to the words!

(There is 1 part of the song I don't relate to.  It talks about being abandoned by family and friends.  I'm so very lucky because my family and friends have stood by me everyday. )


I continue to put my trust in the Lord. 





3 comments:

  1. Just a little note to say I love you and I am thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this song I had never heard it. I think mothers day is really difficult on all BLM. Saying a prayer for you now!(hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know we are always there for you. You don't have to pretend with us. I don't know how you have stayed so strong the last 16 months. You are a true example of what it means to rely on God even though deep inside you don't understand. Paige will always be apart of your lives and whenever I hear or see the name Paige I always think of the beautiful angel God gave me the privilege to meet. Always praying for you, Pat, Landon and Paige. Love you guys!! --Nicole

    ReplyDelete