Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pedal the Cause

Today my brother, Bill, rode 75 miles in Pedal the Cause in honor of my dad and in memory of Paige. We are so proud of Bill and even more touched that he would do such an event in memory of our sweet angel. Bill raised a lot of money for the cause and all that money will stay here in St. Louis to help find a cure for cancer. It is truly my hope that no family will have to go through another loss of a young child due to cancer. This past year I watched my dad battle for his life. Thankfully he won that fight and is in remission thanks to the hard work of people like my brother who help find a cure!!!

Bill, thank you so much for being such an inspiration! We are so proud of you! I hope you felt the little angel flying over you today. I know Paige made that 75 mile journey with you.

We went out to cheer Bill on. Here he is taking a break at mile 60!

Way to go Bill!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming out to support him, Marissa. It meant a lot to both Bill and myself.

    Paige touched us both deeply and we both hold her in our hearts. We're not the most expressive people when it comes to our emotions, most of the time. But, we do what we can and if it's pink balloons at birthday parties and cycling for an amazing cause - we're all over it! :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete