Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October

I'm sure October means many things to many people.  It's Breast Cancer Awareness month.  It's Bully Awareness month.  It's also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness.  October 15th is the actual day of remembrance, however, many use the entire month to remember their angel.  I sat here tonight pondering this very thought.  Really?  There is a month dedicated to remembering my baby?  As if I don't remember her every single second every single day!  I remember her on the 1st of every month (the day she was born).  I remember her on the 3rd of every month (the day Pat and I made the hardest decision of our lives), I remember her on the 4th of every month (the day she went home to Jesus) and I remember on the 8th of every month (her funeral).  I also remember her every day in between.  I don't really need a month, but yet I realize how important Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness is.  Take a step back and just realize how very precious life is.  What a gift from God every breathe we take truly is.  It's a reality check and it's an opportunity to remember our sweet angels but also to hold on a little tighter to the sweet babies we have in our arms. 

On October 20 my family and many friends will walk in Walk to Remembrance in memory of our precious angel, Paige.  I ask that if you have a spare second this month please say a prayer for the families of all the little angels. 


For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. - Psalm 139:13-16
We love you, Paige!  We miss you so much and long for the day
 we will hold you in our arms again!




No comments:

Post a Comment