Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Prayer for My Dad

Tomorrow (June 12th) at 1:30 my dad is having surgery to have his kidney cancer removed... in reality he's having an entire kidney removed most likely.  We know this surgery is necessary however any type of surgery makes you nervous.  I keep telling myself that after tomorrow my dad will be cancer free for the first time in almost almost a year (probably more but that's when they discovered his lymphoma).  My dad is such a fighter and I am so proud of him and his courage.  Many people would not of been able to handle the fight my dad has put up this last year.  Many people if given the choice would give up.  Not my dad!  He keeps fighting.  With every new hurdle he asks how high to jump.  Every time he gets knocked down he gets right back up and continues on.  My dad is strong!!!  I've never been more proud of anyone in my whole life and the lessons I have learned from him in the past year are far greater than any lesson in the past thirty years! 

Please say a prayer for my dad at 1:30 tomorrow!!! 
I love you dad!!



No comments:

Post a Comment