Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting in the Groove

I'm now in my second week of school, Pat in his third week and I think we are finally getting a routine.  Life is busy!  We both come home at the end of the day and feel exhausted.  Our sweet boy makes sure that we get an evening of fun in each and every night.  Mr. Landon has so much energy and can just go and go and go.  Eventually, he does crash for the night allowing us all to get some sleep. 

I've had some things weighing heavy on my heart the past week or so and it makes me think so much of my baby girl.  Mostly, I think about how much I miss her.  The grieving process is a funny one.  Just when I think I am doing ok ... BAM! I get hit with this enormous amount of pain in my heart.  Where does it come from?  What initiates it?  I don't know.  I just miss her.  I miss her so much! 

Most of you will think I'm crazy, but I truly believe that Landon knows who Paige is.  We show him pictures of Paige constantly and her sweet face decorates the walls of our house.  Pat and I both tell him all about his big sister and how much she loves him.  And (here's where you'll think I'm crazy) that boy smiles the biggest smile when we show him pictures of his sister.  And he laughs and claps when we talk about her or mention her name.  Maybe I just want him to know her so bad, that I believe he does... but if you could just see his face when he sees her.  I'm telling you... he knows Paige.  Those two have a special bond... a part of her is with him.  I just know it!




No comments:

Post a Comment