Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my husband, dad, father in law, brother, brothers in law, uncles and grandfathers.  I am so blessed to not only have an amazing father but also a husband who is a wonderful daddy to both of our children. 

 My dad has taught me so much in the past 30 years, but some of the greatest lessons I have learned from him have been in just the past year and a half.  My dad was a rock for both Pat and I when we lost Paige.  His heart broke with us and he mourned the loss of his granddaughter.  Yet my dad helped us stay strong and walked beside us in faith and love as we embarked our second pregnancy and life on earth without Paige.  Through all of this my dad was suffering himself.  Last summer my father was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.  He battled through six rounds of chemotherapy, endless doctor visits, blood transfusions and being pricked in the arm over and over again.  Once in remission with the lymphoma dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer and he is awaiting a July 11 surgery date.  My dad is a fighter.  My dad never complained.  My dad never lost faith.  My dad never gave up.  He was strong because my dad is a Godefroid and Godefroid's can do anything!  I am so very proud of my father and so very honored to be his daughter.  My dad is my hero!  I love you dad!


My dad with Paige on the day she went to heaven.

 
Landon is one lucky little boy to have Patrick as his daddy.  I can already tell by the way he looks at Pat that they have a special bond.  Pat is so in love with his little buddy and amazes me with how natural he is with Landon.  It's a God given gift to be that good with children and he got it.  Both of my children are so blessed to have a father who loves them so unconditionally.  I'll never forget the way Pat looked at our Paige when he held her in his arms.  He was such a proud daddy and even though we only had her with us for three days he loved her more than many are loved in a lifetime! 


 
Patrick and Landon ~ Father's Day 2012

 
Love at first sight!  Daddy and Paige.

 
And.. well.. just because we think he is so darn cute!

1 comment:

  1. your dad sounds wonderful saying a prayer for his upcoming surgical! Love the sweet pictures of your husband and his children :)

    ReplyDelete