Thursday, September 22, 2011

So Sweet!

I have to share the sweetest story about my niece Tatum who is 4 years old....

Once every six months I have to go clear off Paige's grave sight because the cemetery cleans out all the old stuff.  I do like that they keep the cemetery looking clean and they don't just let things pile up.  Anyways, last week was one of the cleaning weeks and so the Sunday before I went and took all of Paige's "things" off her site and have been hauling them around in the back of my car.  On Tuesday after work I went by the cemetery to put her things back and for a little visit.  I know that Paige is not really there, but for some reason being there makes me feel closer to her.  It's like she can hear me better if I talk to her there verses to talking to her anywhere else.  I'm weird, I know.  It's just how I feel.  So as I walked up to her site I noticed a little American flag in the ground right by her headstone.  Also, laying on the headstone was a sticker of Minnie Mouse with a rock on it so it wouldn't blow away.  I got a huge grin on my face and I just knew this had Tatum written all over it.  When I was through with my "visit" I got back in the car and immediately called my sis-in-law, Nickie (Tatum's mom), to see if by chance they had been to the cemetery.  She told me that they had.  She apologized for the American flag, she said she tried talking Tatum into leaving flowers but she insisted on the flag because she just recently learned the Pledge of Allegiance at school.  Ha!  So Tatum stuck the flag in the ground, put her hand over her heart and taught her baby cousin Paige the Pledge of Allegiance.  How stinkin' cute is that!  This next part just baffles me and the kindness of complete strangers is to be admired.  Earlier in the day Tatum received a Minnie Mouse sticker from the bank.  She had told her mom that she wanted to give it to Paige.  When they arrived at the cemetery there was a crew of men digging a hole next to Paige's site.  Yes, this means that another sweet baby has gone to heaven.  Breaks my heart that another mother and father have to feel the pain that I feel everyday.  Obviously, with an open hole they couldn't get too close.  They went into the gift shop for a bit (where Tatum picked out the American flag).  When they came back out the men had moved on and now a board was laying over the hole.  Tatum walked over slid the sticker under the board and told her mom.... "Paige should be able to crawl over and get it!"  :)  I just love how little minds think... so innocent!  Nickie said that the men who dug the hole saw her do this, but said nothing.  I'm assuming after they left they got the sticker out of the hole and placed it on Paige's headstone.  They must of put the rock on it so that it wouldn't fly away.  Now, this may seem so insignificant to many but to me it's the kindest, sweetest thing someone could do for my baby.  Those men knew that Tatum wanted Paige to have that sticker and so they took time out of their work day to make sure that happened.  Makes my heart smile!  Thank you Tatum for loving your baby Paige so much!

I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be restrained.

Job 42:2


1 comment:

  1. That's my Tatum. Everytime we drive by the cemetery Tatum tells me that is where Baby Paige is. So sweet.
    Love ya Mimi

    ReplyDelete