Saturday, February 12, 2011

How God Works

It's amazing how God works!  This morning I woke up in one of my funks.  Sad, lonely, and just wondering how life can go on without my sweet baby girl.  Most mornings are like this for me.  This morning Pat is still asleep (getting his beauty rest) and I got the best gift of the day.  My sweet and dear friend, Katie H., sent me the most amazing e-mail.  She shared with me the most beautiful video about being a mommy.  After watching it I know that God talked to Katie and made sure I was given this video.  If only I could see my sweet Paige in Heaven right now.  I know she is healthy, loved by Jesus and having so much fun.  I will always look forward to the day that I get to see her again.  Although I miss Paige more than words could ever explain I am so thankful she is in the arms of our Father and enjoying eternal life that is painless and truly good.  Mommy loves you sweet Paige!




8 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    This video moved me so much! I truly believe everything that video said! You are a wonderful mommy and Paige is always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the video and couldn't breathe I was crying so hard. I still think about you and pray for you EVERY DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing video. You are the best Mommy and everyone, including sweet Paige, knows that. I truly believe she is with all of us every day-- I talk to my sweet niece and pray to her all the time. I love you guys and continue to pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preciuos video and oh so true! Miss Paige has got big plans for you and her daddy and she will be with you every step of the way:) I pray to her daily to take special care of her unbelievable mommy and daddy while they go through this journey we call "life". Loving and praying daily...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a truly beautiful video. You are an amazing mom and Paige was a lucky little girl to have a mom like you! Praying for you, Pat and Paige always...love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and TRUE video! I cried:) Look at all the amazing things you are doing for Paige and how much you love her...you are an amazing MOMMY! She is proud of you Marissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today in church we sang the hymn in Christ alone. As we sang the first verse you and Pat came to my thoughts. Here is that first verse:

    In Christ alone my hope is found,
    He is my light, my strength, my song;
    this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
    firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
    What heights of love, what depths of peace,
    when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
    My Comforter, my All in All,
    here in the love of Christ I stand.

    It reminded me how much you and Pat are relying on God through the last few weeks. I especially like the last line to the first verse: here in the love of Christ I stand. I know that is all that has gotten you through the last month...God's love. If you get a chance you should listen to the whole song. It is quite beautiful.

    Love ya,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marissa,

    You don't know me, but my friend Nicole sent me a link to your blog. I just wanted to tell you that my heart is aching for you and your husband, and I stand in awe of your courage to write about what you are going through. You have touched my heart and I just wanted to tell you that I will be praying for you both. I know that God is faithful, and He will continue to give you the strength to carry on.

    ReplyDelete