Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ready for Delivery

The first batch of Paige's Pretties are finished and ready for delivery to the NICU on Saturday!  I am so excited!  Thanks to my wonderful friends and family for all of your help.  I know that these hairbows and hats will put a smile on the face of another mommy in the worst moments of her life.  Don't worry I didn't leave the baby boys out... they too will be receiving little stocking caps and baseball hats. 

This whole experience of Paige's Pretties has been so theraputic for me.  I wanted to do something in Paige's memory.  When I think of my baby girl I want to think of all the wonderful and good things that came from her life and not just the picture of her hooked up to wires and tubes.  I want the world to know that Paige Steinhoff was loved and she in turn touched the lives of so many.  Yesterday, the first Paige's Pretties was delivered to Cardinal Glennon Hospital to a friend of a friend who's baby girl was born very premature.  Just to think that that mommy can put a hairbow on her precious baby brings so much joy to my hearrt.  I know good things are coming from my sweet Paige!

Here's a look at a few more Paige's Pretties...




And for the boys...




Lord, bless these hats and hairbows and allow them to bring peace, comfort and strength to those sweet babies that wear them.  Bring joy and happiness to their families and knowledge to the doctors and nurses that make them healthy again!


8 comments:

  1. Just awesome! All the hats look so amazing...I'm so proud of you, Marissa! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried many times to write comments to you and Pat but I just figured it out. You two are too amazing for words. I honestly pray everyday and sometimes more than once for you two. I pray God continues to carry you in his arms and your days and nights get more and more bearable. We love and embrace you.
    Marcia & Ron Adair

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will make many parents smile! You are amazing - we think about you and Paige everyday. Love, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, the bow-dazzler and you did an amazing job. Just think of all the little ones you will be helping, and the mommy & daddys you have put a smile on their faces because of you and Patrick and most of all Paige. And all the Papa's and Mimi's that will see their little ones so "pretty"
    Love Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa and Patrick~

    I just wanted to let you know that your hats were handed out this morning after you left to each of the little girls in the unit (and some of the boys). They are beautiful! Thank you so much for doing this for other little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hats look amazing! I can only imagine the joy they will bring to all the parent's and babies. What an amazing way to honor sweet, beautiful Paige. Marissa and Pat-- you continue to amaze me each and every day. All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Kristen and I am a nurse at children's. There are MANY nurses here who have fallen in love with paige's pretties. So far I have only seen the bows and hats for the girls, and they look absolutely adorable in them! We want to thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a nurse in the NICU at Children's. I never had the priveledge of meeting sweet Paige, but I remember her story. I just found this website on a "Paige's Pretty" hat that was just delivered to my patient. She is very sick and I know that with this sweet gift, Paige is looking over her now. I think what you are doing is so fantastic, and I am literally at work crying as I read your story. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete