Monday, February 21, 2011

Mission Complete

It's been a few days since I last posted.  Saturday was a big day for us.  Pat and I went to have our blood drawn for the genetic testing.  We now have to sit and wait for results... we have no idea how long it will be.  After the blood work we went over to the NICU to make our special delivery.  This was a lot harder than I expected.  We haven't been back since January 4th (the day Paige went to be with Jesus) and all of the feelings and emotions came right back.  I was glad to be going there to drop off Paige's Pretties, but boy did I get choked up walking off that elevator.  We dropped off the bows and hats to the charge nurse and before we even got home I had a message that the hats and bows had been handed out to the babies.  Joy filled my heart!  I was even more excited when I received an e-mail from a mother of one of those babies.  She said that her baby girl's Paige's Pretty put a smile on her face.  If I never get another e-mail my mission is complete.  I made another mommy smile who is having to watch her baby suffer.  God bless her baby girl and give her strength to get healthy. 

Emotions have been running high this past week.  I've been overcome with a whirlwind of emotions.  I've been excited to deliver the first batch of Paige's Pretties.  I've been missing Paige more than ever and feeling so much heartache.  I've been hit with a bit of jealousy.  It's hard to admit that but I've been so jealous of mom's with healthy babies.  I've been feeling anxiety as my time off from work is coming to an end.  I've been feeling nervous about the genetic testing and the results we continue to wait for.  All of these feelings and emotions are consuming my days and nights and it's hard to concentrate on anything else.  I know God will give me the strength I need to get through this craziness.  I have faith that He has a plan for Pat and I and that He will get us through this most difficult time.

2 comments:

  1. This is just another "test" for you. You can do all of this. You are strong and have all of our support. None of us need to tell you that you and Patrick see this support everyday with your sisters, brothers and your parents and all of your friends and extended families at both schools. You are both doing great with all this "stuff". Everyone is so proud of both of you. We all love so much
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa - Thank you for sharing your heart and thank you for "Paige's Pretties." My brother and sister-in-law's twin little girls each received precious little Paige's Pretties. My nieces were born very early, after a difficult pregnancy, and one of them is still in the hospital. My brother shared your website with us. Thank you for your strength and the love you're showing through Paige's Pretties..... Our prayers are with you and your family..... Kelli

    ReplyDelete