Friday, February 11, 2011

Paige's Pretties

Not a second goes by that I don't think about my sweet Paige.  I think about her precious face, her soft skin, her unforgettable baby smell and the strong little fighter she was.  I think about her time at Children's Hospital and how she had to fight around the clock during her short life.  Unfortunately, this is a reality for many mommies and daddies.  Everyday there are parents who have to watch their newborn baby struggle for his/her life.  It breaks my heart to know that someone else has to feel the pain that I continue to grow through.  In memory of my beautiful Paige I have started "Paige's Pretties".  This is just a small way for me to reach out to those other parents who are experiencing the biggest nightmare of their lives.  I have begun to make hairbows and hats for the tiny baby girls who enter the NICU everyday.  Afterall... every baby girl deserves to be pretty!  My hope is that when a new baby girl is admitted to the NICU at Children's Hospital her mommy and daddy can choose a Paige's Pretties hairbow for her.  This is just the beginning and I hope to continue Paige's Pretties for many years to come.  Here are pictures of the start of Paige's Pretties!


Paige wearing the very first Paige's Pretties!  This one was made with
lots of love by Mimi!

12 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me!!! You are such an inspiration to everyone. Love you, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE them! What a sweet way to honor your baby girl! You are amazing....I love you!

    Love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have turned out adorable!! If you ever need a crafting buddy you know my number!!

    I love you so much!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa,

    They are turning out so cute! We were talking today how we should all come over and start an assembly line! :)

    I love this idea so much, and it is such a neat way to honor Paige!

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to help make some if you ever need. Beautiful tribute to Paige...she is sooo proud of her MOMMY. I just know it :)
    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing, Marissa! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful way to honor Paige. You are an inspiration and continue to amaze me with your determination , strength. Thank you for always sharing your precious Paige with us and thank you for sharing your inner most thoughts. This time is so difficult for you and you continue to amaze all of us. Please let me know if I can help with anything in any way. Take care hope we can try to get something together soon. Always thinking and praying for you and pat and your sweet little Paige.
    Colleen stebe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable!! I bet Paige is so proud of her mommy right now!! If you ever need help just let me know :)
    Nicole M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I was looking at these through tears, I could still see the love, adoration and healing that is being poured out in each as you craft them. I continue to pray to Jesus for Him to walk you both through this and bring you to a place free of sorrow. I know these will bring comfort to others experiencing trauma with their new born as they sense the unseen connection to someone who knows what they are going through. Love you sweet Marissa!

    Kim Davis

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Paige's pretty was delivered this week along with the bow that you gave her last night. My mom said the mom is so grateful and LOVES them. They mean so much to her. Because her little girl is so tiny they have to wait to put them on her for a couple of weeks. The nurse told the mom that maybe they could put them on her so they can get a picture because the mom was eager to see them on her. I asked my mom if she could get a picture so you could see Paige's pretties in action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were the receipient of a Paige's Pretty for our daughter Allison while in the NICU. It was very pretty and once I read the card, I knew I had to come to your blog and learn more about you and Paige, because even though my little girl was able to make it through her very critical ordeal, at one point we were possibly faced with the unthinkable and even now I still get upset because the memories are so raw and will never go away of the pain I felt during her first 72 hours of touch and go life. I guess what I am trying to say is that even though my daughter is okay, I am still haunted daily with what could have been, so I can only imagine what you deal with on a daily basis. Thank you for our Paige's Pretties, you baby girl was beautiful in every way, maybe she helped God take care of our Allison and give her strength during her NICU stay March4-28, 2011. Feel free to write, I sometimes feel like I need someone to share feelings with as I don't think I am fully healed even though she is here with me. April Lenane lirpad97@yahoo.com
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG your amazing you inspired me to make bows!! we all love you for all that you do!!:) no one could ever compare to you. you make a big difference in many peoples life's. God bless you and your family for all you do!!;)

    ReplyDelete