Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heavy Heart

I've been staring at my computer screen for almost an hour.  I want to write, but I can't compose myself long enough to get anything out.  The past few days have been so difficult.  Starting with Paige's due date on Friday, getting unexpected autopsy results on Monday and yesterday my baby girl would have been 1 month old.  These are the first milestones we have hit and boy does it sting.  It's hard for me to handle, I'm doing the best I know how.  My poor husband, I've become attached to him at the hip... like a small child to their blankie.  It's pretty pathetic, but he is so wonderful about it.  I have found myself just staring at pictures of Paige lately.  I mean staring!  I can't take my eyes off her.  How could she be so sick?  I know I've asked this before and I'm sure it won't be the last time.  I just don't get it.  I want to hold her and kiss her and see her sweet face.  I just want my baby girl.  I know she never came home, but yet everyday I can feel her absence.  It's a bad feeling... the kind that makes your stomach turn.  How quickly life changes.  My world has been rocked to the core.  Never in my life did I imagine that I would bury a child.  Never did I imagine that my time with Paige would be so short.  Never in my life have I clung to Jesus so tightly.  Although Pat and I are going through the most horrible time of our lives we know that God is good and doing good around us.  We have to believe that because without that faith we have nothing.  Our hearts hurt so deeply every single day.  We miss our sweet Paige desperately.  We know that we can't walk this road alone, we must rely on God to hold our hands and give us strength and take things one day at a time.



I never get tired of seeing her sweet face! Jesus hold her tightly!

6 comments:

  1. Such a sad time these last few days. I would like to be able to take your pains away but I can't. I just pray to God to make this time a little easier for you both. You know everyone is here for you both an anything we can do or said to help we are here for you. Sometimes it hard to know what to say and what to do for you both. But please know we are thinking of you and praying for you both to be as strong as yo can.
    Love Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa,
    As shown through your family and friends, please know that you will never have 'nothing'. Not only is God by your side, but you have a huge family of love by your side too. I wish so desperately that I could take away your and Patrick's pain. I don't know what to do for you and I often don't know what to say to you, but know that our hearts ache for you everyday and we are here for you always...for anything. L L&K

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is broken for you .... I love you Sweet Riss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa,

    I have no words to describe the sadness that I feel for you. I weep for you. I know you never imagined any of this. No one did. I continue to pray for your strength and I think of you everyday.

    The STUCO kids miss you and love you dearly too.

    Hugs and strength,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa

    reading your blog and hearing your pain brings so many tears! i continue to pray for you and Pat's strength each day to take away the pain. I am so glad that you both continue to rely on your faith to get through this horrible time. Please know that i am ALWAYS here for u for anything and everything! LOVE U! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs,Stienhoff
    i miss you so much.I am so sad that paige isnt here with us right now,but she is with the lord and wont be hurting any longer.
    love you, miss you
    love,
    cary

    ReplyDelete