Sunday, May 8, 2011

Although...

Although I can't hold my baby in my arms... I am still her mother.
Although I don't have a child to hug and kiss... I am still  her mother.
Although my sweet baby is in Heaven... I am still her mother.
Although my heart is broken in millions of pieces... I am still her mother.
Although I can't rock  her to sleep at night... I am still her mother.
Although my world is turned upside down right now... I am still her mother.
Although I can't see her, hear her, touch her, smell her... I am still her mother.
Although I will never see her grow up... I am still her mother.
Although I wll never hear the word "mommy" from her mouth... I am still her mother.
Although I will never receive a hand made Mother's day card... I am still her mother.
Although I spend Mother's Day without a child... I am still her mother.

Being a mother is such a special gift.  I truly believe it's the love in your heart that makes a mother.  Until my sweet Paige entered this world I had no idea I could love anything the way I love her.  It's a completley different kind of love than what I have for my husband.  My love for Paige was instant!  It was truly love at first sight.  She represents the love Pat and I have for eachother.  Paige was everything good in our world.  For me being Paige's mommy has been the best gift I have ever been given.  Although there are days when I don't feel like a mommy.  I know the love in my heart is only the kind of love a mother can have for her child.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's in our lives.... especially Grandma and MiMi!

I love you too Paige!!!!!
Although I have already shared this video, I wanted to share it again today. Happy Mother's Day to all those mommy's who have sweet angels in Heaven.



As a mother comforts her child,
so will I comfort you;

Isaiah 66:13




6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today! I know sweet Paige is celebrating her mommy today!! :). May God continue to bless you and grant you the strength and mercy you need to get through today!!!
    Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up and thought of you immediately this morning! Paige may not be with you physically, but I know she is with you today! You are a stronger mom than most, and Paige must be so proud to have you! You are an amazing mother, even if it not in the traditional ways most people think of! May God bless you and allow you to feel Paige's presence around you today and everyday! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought this morning was of you and your Paige. You are such an inspiration and makes us all strive to be better Mothers.
    HUGS,
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of you all weekend. I know Paige's is with you every moment and is very proud of her mommy!

    Love ya,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Marissa!!!
    Love,
    Michelle, Bill & kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of you all weekend and today especially. At church, the priest said a blessing for all the mommies whose babies are in heaven. It brought tears to my eyes and I took a moment to say a special prayer for you and Paige. I believe she was with you today, holding your hand, and giving you the strength to make it through the day. She is very lucky to have you as her mommy.

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete