Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nine

Nine more days!  Today we are down to single digits!  Nine, is the number of days we have left of school.  No, I'm not counting :)  I need a break... a long break.  I need time to breathe again, to get my life back on track (aka - clean my house) and to do lots in remembrance of my sweet Paige.  Please don't take this the wrong way.  I do love my job!  I really do!  But this year has stretched my limits, tested my patience and has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally.  I'm run down, I'm exhausted, I just need a break.  As a teacher you can't return to your job just partially after a nightmare of losing a child.  If I was only going to do my job half way, then I shouldn't be there.  Those kids deserve me at my best.  So, for the past three months I've put a smile on my face, bandaged up my heart, and put every ounce of energy into my job so that I could be the very best teacher I can be for those precious 21 students in my class.  And now in 9 days I can undo those bandages and continue healing from a pain so severe that I truly believe it will never completely go away. 

Pat and I continue to be surrounded by wonderful family and friends!  Without your love and support we would never of made it this long.  I truly believe that.  We are about a week away from Paige's Pretties Trivia Night.  I'm very excited for this event!  Some dear co-workers (great friends) are organizing a trivia night in Paige's honor.  The funds from the event will go towards Paige's Pretties but also some wonderful items that we hope to purchase for Children's Hospital in Paige's memory.  We continue to be humbled and completely amazed at the outpour of generosity of our family, friends and complete strangers. Please know how thankful we are to each and every one of you!!!! 

 
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9



1 comment:

  1. Marissa,

    This is exactly why you inspire me! In spite of the tragedy you have been dealt, you are amazingly strong! You are an amazing teacher to dedicate yourself so fully to your class! Not everyone would be able to put on the smile that you do everyday, and I truly admire you!

    I hope the summer provides you the time you need to begin healing and spending so much needed time on you and Pat!

    ReplyDelete