Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sweet Conversation

It's been a busy, but fun weekend.  Yesterday my sister-in-law got married!  Although the weather didn't cooperate, it was a beautiful wedding!  Everyone had a wonderful time celebrating the happy couple and enjoying the good food, music and LOTS of yummy cupcakes.  Congratulations Keith and Lisa!  We love you both!

I want to share a sweet conversation between my 4-year old niece and myself this weekend..

T:  What does your necklace says?  (No, I did not misspell she used the word says :) )

Me:  It says Paige.

T:  Can I wear it?

Me: Sure.  (I put the necklace on her).

T:  Is Paige still dying?

Me: Yes sweetie, Paige is still in Heaven.

T:  When can we see her?

Me:  When we go to Heaven one day.

T:  Do you think she can see my nails?  (We just left the nail salon getting our nails done for the wedding)

Me: I know she can.

T:  Do you think she likes them?

Me: Yep!  I bet she is so jealous!

T: Yeah.

(About 2 or 3 minutes past and no talking)

T:  Aunt Rissa, what does jealous mean?

Me:  It means that Paige wishes her nails looked just as pretty as yours do.

T: Yep, she's jealous.

Gotta love the pure innocence of a sweet child.  I love, love, love that all of my nieces and nephews talk about Paige.  In some way it validates her life.  I know they know her and I know they love her.  I hope they never forget their cousin.  I know my sweet Paige watches over all of them! 

Life has been extremely busy the last month or two and with the end of the school year right around the corner, things will continue to be pretty hectic.  In these times of craziness and full schedules I find myself constantly talking to Paige.  It's amazing how much I count on her to help get me through every situation.  She does!  Everytime I talk to her I can feel a sense of peace and calmness come over me.  Of course, I wish I was holding her in my arms and doing everything for her.  Instead, my baby does so much for me. 
We love you and miss you sweet Paige!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1

1 comment:

  1. You are without a doubt the STRONGEST person I have ever had the honor of knowing.
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete