Thursday, January 5, 2012

Big Thanks & Big Prayers

I can't say thank you enough for all the sweet words, comments, texts, phone calls, and prayers over the past few days.  They have meant the world to our family and they have truly helped us to put one foot in front of the other and get through this tough week.  Only one more "1st" anniversary to go... that's Sunday... Paige's funeral.  Yuck!  Just typing my daughter's name and the word funeral in the same sentence is torture.  I will never forget the feelings I had walking into the funeral home that cold January morning last year.  Picking out a casket for a baby so small is heart wrenching and just not fair.  However, Paige deserved a beautiful funeral ceremony and her daddy and I gave her just that.  Thanks again for all the prayers, you will never know how much they lift us up.

BIG PRAYERS NEEDED!

Tomorrow morning my dad will go for his big PET scan.  All of his chemotherapy, all of his sickness, all of his pain, all of his dedication to get better comes down to this one scan.  Please pray that his body is cancer free!  Please pray that my dad can pick up his life where he left off in the fall.  Please pray for peace for my dad and mom tomorrow morning as they anxiously awaits the scan and then the results.  Please just pray!  If dad's scan comes out clear then he can have his arm surgery on January 10th to fix his broken arm.  Dad so badly wants his arm fixed, so we are praying hard that surgery will be a go!  Again, thank you for all the prayers thus far for my dad.... PLEASE don't stop!  Jesus and Paige are listening... talk to them!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Marissa,
    Take great comfort in this verse... "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

    This verse has gotten me through the last two anniversaries and the next one coming up in May. Bethanys funeral date falls on a Sunday this year and that was the day she died...I know it is going to be hard, but I keep reminding myself that God is bigger than all of this pain! Praying for strength this week for you!

    ReplyDelete