Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blessings

This may be a first for me, two posts in one day!  I couldn't help myself, I had to share this song.  I came across this song as I was reading another blog this evening.  I thought to myself this will make for a great post one day this week.  I closed the laptop and turned on the TV, but I just couldn't help myself.  I opened the computer right back up.. for some reason I'm obligated to share this song tonight.  Maybe someone reading needs to hear it.  This song is called "Blessings" by Laura Story.  Enjoy!




I think this song touched me so much because I constantly speak of how blessed Pat and I were to get to meet our Paige.  Paige was a very sick baby and it's nothing short of a miracle that she survived nine months in me and three days on this earth.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that only having my baby three days with me would be a blessing.  It's so important that I focus on the part about having my baby with me.  I met Paige.  I held Paige.  I kissed Paige.  I gave Paige to Jesus.  Not every mommy gets to do that.  I did.  That to me is a miracle and a huge blessing.  Blessings often come in disguise, we don't know how blessed we are until we take the time to really think about it.  Paige could of easily not survived in the womb.  Her leukimia started in the very early stages of pregnancy.  Of course, we had no idea she was sick, but autopsy reports show how early her leukimia began.  We were so blessed to hold our baby girl in our arms with her sweet heart beating.  I will forever be thankful for that amazing blessing! 

Tonight think about all the blessings in your life.  No matter how big or small we are all blessed and so lucky to have a God who blesses us the way He does!

In you I trust, O my God.

Psalm 25:2



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song and post! Getting to meet Paige was blessing I will never forget. Marissa you are a blessing to my life-- Paige has an amazing Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so blessed to have met sweet Paige! You are truly amazing and I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song and your post made me cry! We all have so many blessings that we take for granted. I feel so blessed to know you and be inspired by your amazing faith, love, and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming across your blog was a blessing...and has made me be much more thankful to God for all the blessings in my life.

    Thank you!
    Viktoriya

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have continued to amaze me with your strength and faith! Thank you for sharing your story (and Paige) with us all! You have shown and reminded us all to be thankful, gentle, & mindful of just how truly blessed we are...even when they come to us in disguise!!
    <3 you!!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete