Sunday, October 9, 2011

30 Weeks!

I can't believe I am typing this.... I am now 30 weeks with my sweet little man!  I can hardly believe that in 9 weeks (or less) this sweet baby will be in my arms.  Can. Not. Wait.  I have often talked about my anxieties and fears throughout this pregnancy.  This week was a true test to my faith in God and His ability to take care of my baby boy.  On Tuesday evening I had noticed that Landon was not moving very much.  Usually at night I can feel him move quite a bit.  I did the usual things... drank a soda, layed down, pushed on my belly a bit.... and nothing.  My heart felt so heavy and I felt so sick and scared.  Pat was telling me over and over again that he was ok, but until I felt him I knew I wasn't going to be convinced.  I decided to lay down in bed a little early that night.  I layed on my left side... nothing.  I layed on my right side... nothing.  The tears started... big crocodile tears.  I prayed to God, but mostly I talked to Paige begging her to take care of her baby brother.  Finally, as I rolled back over on my left side I could feel tiny little kicks.  As I layed there longer they got a little bit stronger and were more frequent.  I slept much better knowing that he was moving around.  Well, I'm thinking Paige must have had a talk with her baby brother and told him that he scared his mama because this boy has NOT stopped moving the past three days.  I'm not talking just kicks here and there.  I'm talking full out rolling over, doing flips and practicing for the olympic games.... all going on in my belly!  It's crazy!  I can watch for hours (especially at night) little body parts move across my stomach.  It's just the most amazing thing.  I love it!  So, I guess I got what I was asking for... lots of movement!  I continue to pray that God helps me remain calm and faithful in His love.  Landon is in His hands and I have to trust that he is taken care of.  It's tough to give away that control, but really I never had the control (even though I wish I did).  Here's to a quick 9 weeks!
How Far Along: 30 weeks
Size of baby: 15.7 inches and 3.3 pounds
Gender: A BOY!!! Landon Jordan Steinhoff
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes!
Movement: I love every single kick, punch and roll even the ones that kind of hurt.
Sleep: Falling asleep is getting pretty difficult.  I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I have TONS on my mind.
Symptoms: The braxton hicks have strated, but I can't complain.
Cravings: What do I not want to eat?
Best moment this week: Reaching the 30 week mark! 


Pregnancy Highlights:



1 comment:

  1. you had every right to be concerned. I am so proud of Paige for waking her little bro up and telling him to continue to kick, punch, poke, tumble and roll. Maybe he is just running out of room and moving is tough for him. Soon, he will have have all the room in the world......if he can ever get out out ALL arms that will want to hold him. Mine included!
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete