Monday, October 3, 2011

Race to Cure Lymphoma

On Saturday my entire family participated in the Race to Cure Lymphoma.  We participated along with many of my dad's co-workers from St. Mary's High School and our team name was "Dragon Fire".  The race had a theme of superhero's and it truly was a great morning supporting my dad and seeing all the people there to help raise money to find a cure for lymphoma.  A big thank you to the faculty/staff at St. Mary's.  They have been absolutely wonderful to my dad and family throughout this whole ordeal.  It was their idea to do the walk and we just came along for the ride.  Most of us participated in the 1 mile walk.  Pat, my sister Maria, and brother-in-law Evan all ran a 10K.  They did great!  The kids participated in a 90 yard dash race at the end of the walk.  They all did a fabulous job as well!  We had great weather and my dad was very touched by the out pour of love and support. 

Here is our whole group!  Go Dragon Fire!


Pat and I before the big race.

My sister, Marcia, and I made capes for the kids to wear.  They said "Grandpa is My HERO!"
Here are Kate and Connor sporting their capes on their front side. :)


Grandpa with all his grandkids.  I know Paige is in this picture as well! 
 I could feel her presence there that day!
(Anna is missing, she had to run to the bathroom)

Here are the kids doing the 90 yard dash!  They ran their
little hearts out!

This next picture is my favorite and the theme for my dad's treatment,
NEVER GIVE UP!
This is my niece, Isabel, running with all her might.  She was dead last but crossed
that finish line with a smile on her face!  Just love it! 



I know many of you are wondering how dad is doing... as good as can be expected.  Dad can get pretty tired and just needs lots of rest.  He will start his third round of chemotherapy on Friday... so that means he will visit the Siteman Center on Tuesday and Thursday this week to prepare for chemo on Friday.  Say a prayer that his numbers get high enough to start chemo Friday.  Also, dad is scheduled for another scan on Friday as well.  Please pray extra hard that the cancer is shrinking and that his treatment is working!  We really appreciate all of your support and prayers!  Dad will NEVER GIVE UP!  He's going to beat this thing!
The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it.

1 Corinthians 10:26



No comments:

Post a Comment