Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas in Heaven

I sit tonight and type with a very heavy heart.  Just like many I have found myself caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season.  Preparing for Christmas and all the fun that comes along with it.  I sit here as I watch my beautiful thirteen day old baby boy look so precious in his baby swing.  I count my blessings and thank God for the many wonderful things in my life.  I do have so much to be thankful for.  Yet my heart hurts knowing that we'll be spending Christmas with one less family member this year.  We never had a Christmas with Paige and yet I can't imagine this Christmas without her.  Just one year ago Pat and I were eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first born, our sweet Paige.  Now one year later we find ourselves still grieving the loss of our baby girl yet praising Jesus for our sweet baby boy.  Such proof that we are on God's time and he has a plan for us all.  I truly believe He knew that we wouldn't make it through this holiday without a baby in our arms and so he sent us our precious Landon just in time.  Someone told me, "God does not replace, he repairs".  No child will ever replace Paige, but yes our Landon is helping to heal our broken hearts.  Although Paige is not here to celebrate this Christmas with us, I take comfort in knowing that she is in heaven having a Christmas celebration more beautiful and more magical than we can ever imagine.  Merry Christmas Paige!  We love you and we miss you!

The following poem brings me so much peace:

CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away, We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing or love He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!
    Love to all
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I always miss my sweet girl so much at Christmas....Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete