Saturday, December 31, 2011

Paige's 1st Birthday in Heaven

Today I am preparing for my daughter's first birthday party.  A day many people dream about.  A huge milestone in the life of a child.  Unfortunately, this birthday party is not like other first birthday parties.  This first birthday party is a celebration of life, a celebration of a beautiful baby girl, a celebration of the love we have for her, unfortunately our baby girl won't physically be able to be at her birthday party.  No, our baby girl will be celebrating her first year in heaven.  Tomorrow we will have the first ever Paige-a-Palooza!  A celebration of the day our daughter came into our world.  This year's Paige-a-Palooza is much smaller than we would like.  We want everyone we know to celebrate our Paige with us, however, with Paige's baby brother being only three weeks old we decided to keep this year's celebration very small.  Landon will visit his sister's grave site for the first time today.  We tell him all about Paige everyday, but I have a feeling he already knows about his big sister and loves her very much!

Today my heart is heavy and I am in complete denial that tomorrow is my daughter's first birthday and she won't be here to celebrate with us.  Instead of picking out a smash cake and an adorable birthday crown, my family will release balloons to the heavens for our precious baby girl!  Much more will come about Paige-a-Palooza and Paige's first birthday, for now I leave you with this poem that gives me such peace knowing that Paige is celebrating with my grandpa's, my grandma, Pat's grandma, my Uncle Ray, Fr. Krings and many other loved ones who have gone before us.  I know they will make tomorrow so very special for my little girl! 

It's my first birthday in heaven,
what a joy to partake.
My presents are flowers and rainbows
and angel food cake.
My crib is decorated with roses
and glitter.
And the stars that shine upon me
make everything shimmer.
The other angels are dancing and
singing me songs.
Soon Jesus will be joining me,
It won't be long.
We'll all gather and pray
for my loved ones on earth,
Who love me so much,
from the day of my birth.
You see, Birthdays in Heaven
are full of happiness and cheer.
We celebrate with our loved ones,
who proceeded us here.
Yes, Birthdays in Heaven
are wonderful and gay.
One day we will celebrate together,
for that moment, Mommy and Daddy, I pray,

WE LOVE YOU, PAIGE!
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!


No comments:

Post a Comment