Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Grandpa: Our Hero

Yesterday, was a very special day for our family!  Not only did Pat and I get to bring home our baby boy (a dream come true) but my dad had his very last chemotherapy treatment.  What a huge accomplishment.  I couldn't be more proud of my dad and his determination and strength throughout this whole process.  He's truly my hero and Landon's!  : )  At Siteman Cancer Center when you complete your final treatment you get to ring a bell symbolizing that you made it to the end.  What a huge moment for my dad!  Dad got to ring the bell yesterday at about the same time we were being discharged from the hospital so we didn't get to go.  The rest of the family went down and surprised dad to be there when he rang that VICTORY bell.  Words can't describe how happy I am that chemotherapy is behind us.  We now wait until January 6th when dad will have his final PET scan to see if the cancer is all gone.  Please continue to pray that it is!  Here are a few pictures from yesterday's bell ringing.  The faces of my family members will show the pure emotion of how we are all feeling!  Dad, we are so proud of you and we are so thankful to have a dad and a grandpa who loves us so much that he would fight this ugly illness purely because he loves us!  You're truly our hero!


Dad being surprised by my brother, sisters, nieces and nephew.

Dad ringing the bell!  Oh the relief!
So proud of you Dad!
Mom, Kate, Dad, Elizabeth & Cole
(Many grand kids missing, but equally proud of their Grandpa)

Marla, Dad, Bill, Marcia & Maria
(Eddie & I were there in spirit)

A chemoathlon makes a marathon look easy!
You did it Dad!  Way to go!

 Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.

Psalm 116:2


1 comment:

  1. Maria posted these pictures on Facebook and they were so wonderful to see... Your family has so much love, strength, and support!

    -Katie Mankus

    ReplyDelete