Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Highlights

Today I want to post about some of the highlights going on and the positive things in my life.  I am having a pretty good day and I feel a little refreshed after a deep cleaning of the house, loads of laundry cleaned and put away and the fifteen lightbulbs that had burned out this past week replaced and shining bright again.  The following are things I am so thankful for....

1.  On Sunday my friends Nicole and LouAnn hosted a benefit spa for Paige's Pretties.  They raised money for me so that I could continue to make the pretty little hats and bows.  What a sweet gift!
2.  Yesterday Paige's grave marker was placed.  Last night Pat and I went to see it.  It's beautiful just like our little girl.  It's bittersweet having her marker.  It's hard to accept that two plus months have gone by since our little one went to Jesus.  We want so badly for her to be remembered forever.
3. Tonight we have our support group.  I really enjoy meeting with this group.  Of course, this is the club that you love, but hate to be a part of.  A club of grieving parents who have lost infants.  Believe it or not, we do cry a lot but we also laugh alot too.
4.  This Thursday my sister, Marla, will be on the Wheel of Fortune!!!  The whole family is very excited and can't wait to see her on TV.  Maybe she'll win enough that I can retire????  Doubt it!  Tune in at 6:30 on channel 5!  Go Marla!
5.  Spring Break is just 7 1/2 school days away!  I'll get to spend some time at the Lake of the Ozarks with my girlfriends from work.  I love these girls...they are the bestest!

I just want to thank everyone for all of the sweet and supportive comments.  I read every one and it really is so uplifting knowing that we have a support team behind us!

7 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me with your strength and ability to find good in this low time of your life!!! I want you to know that your sweet Paige WILL be remembered FOREVER!!!!! Continued prayers sent your way each and everyday!!
    ps~can't wait to watch Wheel! :)
    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just marked my calendar for Wheel of Fortune! Can't wait! LOL. I continue to think of you every day and can't imangine going through what you have to go through. I pray that God gives you strength EVERY DAY! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a pretty good day today and that you have a support group of people that understand what you going through. You and Pat continue to be in my prayers. Paige will always be in my heart and I love that you are doing Paige's Pretties, what a great way to help others and honor Paige's memory.
    I'll be watching Wheel of Fortune on Thursday, hope you get to retire. :)
    Praying that you'll have another good day tomorrow.
    Rachel Finklang

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to see some light today! I think of you so often and pray for you. I hope and pray that God continues to give you both the strength and comfort you need each day to know he is by your side.
    Katie Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  5. So i can't wait for the lake!!! We all could use a little shopping and some good laughs.

    So I promised your mom and dad that I would do everything I could to support you through this and I meant it. I am there for you girl anytime of day. I love you so much and you are such a beautiful friend. You and pat are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never cease to amaze me Marissa! Continue to be strong. Paige will NEVER be forgotten:)

    My DVR is set to watch Wheel tomorrow! I'm cheering for early retirment! Enjoy the lake, you deserve it!!

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to share a blog I have followed for quite some time. She lost her sweet Reece and as I read your blog, I knew I needed to share hers with you.

    http://therowefam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete