Friday, March 25, 2011

Paige's "NEW" Pretties

I have said so many times how theraputic Paige's Pretties has been for me.  I love making these bows and hats knowing that they are going to sweet baby girls who are fighting a tough battle.  Baby girls who deserve to get healthy and strong.  Although I don't have the magic tools to make them healthy, in a sense I feel that Paige's Pretties can give them some joy and I believe that my Paige's spirit is with them and fighting the battle right along side these innocent babies.

I'm getting ready to take another large amount of Paige's Pretties to the NICU, however, not only are the baby girls going to be getting bows, some will be getting the newest addition...flowers!  Hand-made flowers!  Thanks to my very crafty, very sweet friend Nicole I have learned how to make these adorable flowers to add to the headbands. They are just precious!!!  Take a look for yourself....



These pictures don't really do justice to how precious these flowers are.
I just love them!

Flowers are not the only new addition to Paige's Pretties my ever-so-talented friends Nicole and Jenny are making the most adorable booties for both the baby girls and boys.  When I say adorable, I mean.... ADORABLE!!!!  They are just the sweetest... here's a peek at the cute booties:


Paige's Pretties and the cute booties will be delivered to the NICU very soon I hope.  Thanks to the "3/4 Club" (some very sweet 3rd and 4th grade teachers from my school) Paige's Pretties will now be delivered in style...
The 3/4 Club gave me this adorable bag to carry all of Paige's Pretties!

Thanks girls, you're the best!
The bag is fully loaded and ready to go, but I need some help.....
Calling All St. Louis Children's Hospital
NICU Nurses....
I want so badly to deliver these to the 5th floor myself, however, each time I come I'm stopped at the 2nd floor security and not allowed to come up.  Is there a way that I can bring these up to the NICU myself??? If any of you have a solution, please contact me... paigespretties@gmail.com
THANK YOU!!!!
Ready for Delivery!

It's so bitter sweet when I finish making a bundle of bows.  I'm so excited to take them to the NICU, but I want nothing more than to be placing them on my baby girl's head.  I miss Paige so much!!!  I still stand outside her nursery door daily just praying that I can open it up and she'll be napping in her crib.  I know that as I make each Paige's Pretty she is up in Heaven watching me with a big bow on her head just smiling!!!

I love you Paige!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.

Psalm 28:7

 

6 comments:

  1. It all looks so cute! You are making a lot of little girls, and boys, and their mommies and daddies smile!!!! I'm glad our bag can help you deliver some hope to the NICU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! The flowers look great on the headbands. Send me the link to the fabric flowers so I can see if I can figure them out. Sorry I didn't make it over last night to help. I love you!! Have a goo day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops that should good not goo. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a friend of Danielle's. My name is Chelsey, you may or may not remember me either way I wanted to tell you that I read your blogs as often as possible and let you know Paige has touched my heart .. she definitely gives a new meaning to life .. and your strength and faith is unbelievable and makes me want to make my connection with GOD stronger. I really hope you come to peace with your new normal
    Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited you were able to fill the bag up!!! All the "pretties" look sooo adorable!!! You will be delivering in style! :) I just know Paige's Pretties will give the babies and parents in the NICU the hope and strength they need to fight and get better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are absolutely precious!!

    I am Ali, a nurse at the NICU and I took care of Paige the night she came in. I couldn't believe what a fighter she was and how beautiful she was. She has definitely impacted my life in a positive way, just as you and your family have.

    I was working the other day and saw the little shoes on one of the babies and all of the nurses couldn't get over how cute they are!! and we didn't see the package so we didn't know where they came from, but so amazing!! Your 'pretties' have definitely made an impact and the families and nurses love them.

    May God grant you peace and rest knowing that Paige is with Him.

    ReplyDelete