Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Retail Therapy & Good Friends

One of the many perks of being a teacher is Spring Break!  Gotta love it!  It always seems to come right when you need it most... when you are worn down and so tired that you don't think you can go another day.  This year it has really helped with my transition back to work.  When I returned at the ened of February I knew I only had to make it three weeks before I got another week off.  It made it a lot easier for me.  For the past few years all the girls on my team at school go to the lake for a few nights for shopping, fun and relaxation.  We always have a blast.  These girls have helped me through each and everyday.  They listen when all I want to do is talk about Paige and they can take my mind off everything when I need a break.  They are true friends and I am so thankful they are in my life.  We left Sunday morning and hit the outlet mall in the Ozarks.  We spent all day yesterday relaxing and just enjoying eachothers company.  We just got back a little while ago and I'm so thankful I got to spend the last few days with these amazing ladies.  Thanks girls! 

Retail therapy.... let's clarify now that shopping is one of my most favorite things to do....IF... I get a good deal!  And did I ever!  Obviously, shopping and purchasing will never heal my broken heart or bring my baby girl back but it was a lot of fun!

Here is my most favorite purchase....



I'm only a little excited about my amazing deal! :)
Not my first Coach purse, but the first one I purchased myself!

Besides shopping we also did a lot of my second most favorite thing to do... eat!  I love yummy food!  To burn some of the many calories we ate we played Just Dance and Just Dance 2 on the Wii for 5 HOURS last night!!!  It was so much fun... we had an absolute blast!  I had so much fun...



 I bought the game!  I'm hoping my nieces and nephews will come over to play with me, maybe I can burn off some of this extra weight I have left from the pregnancy. 

Overall, my spring break is off to a great start.  I was able to get my mind off of everything (school work, house work, getting blood test and autopsy reports back, etc...).  I hope to spend the rest of my break with my nieces and nephews and making lots of Paige's Pretties!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    I am so glad that we all got to be together the past few days. It's hard now that we aren't at the same school. But I love that every time we are together, it feels like nothing has changed! I had so much fun this week! Can't wait to do it again!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun! It was good to see you laugh and to see the Marissa I know. :) I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I know that we have a second career in singing and dancing so if this teacher things doesn't work out we can go on tour together. LOL

    Love you so much and if you want company to dance with or to make Paige's pretties this week just call.

    love nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys had a blast! I love second grade team! You guys are all amazing women who know how to have a good time and are very loving! I am glad you had a chance to have a good time and get your mind off of life for a few days! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete