Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Results

Waiting for results of all our tests and Paige's autopsy reports has been extremely difficult.  I didn't feel like I could begin to heal until I had some closure with all of this.  Thankfully, yesterday we started to receive some answers to our questions.  First, we heard from the geneticist and the blood work that Pat and I had done came back negative.  This means that neither Pat nor I had the same deletion in chromosone 19 that Paige had.  The doctor told me that he believes that Paige's situation was just a horrible fluke and not something that Pat or I passed onto her.  Whew!  Thank you Jesus!  We also heard from one of Paige's doctors from Children's and today her team of doctors met with the pathologist to go over the first set of autopsy results.  Most of these results we already knew (the deletion in chromosone 19 and the translocation of chromosone 11 and 19) however the doctor did tell me that my poor baby had the leukimia EVERYWHERE!  It was in every organ, in her blood, in her bone marrow... EVERYWHERE!  How she survived nine months in me and three days on this earth is beyond me?!?!?!?  What a little fighter!  I know how blessed I am to have gotten to hold and kiss my sweet baby.  I wish I could hold and kiss her for a lifetime, but to have her here for even just three days is truly a blessing!  We are still waiting for her neuro report, but it will probably be another month or two before we hear anything.  Got to love the waiting game.  I'm still processing all of this information so I can't truly say how I'm feeling right now.  My prayer is that these results will help my heart to begin to heal from this horrible loss.  

2 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    I am glad you are starting to get the answers you need to begin the healing process. They won't make the hurt or loss go away, but it makes it easier to deal with! Hearing it's a fluke also has to be a relief as far as more children go!

    Wow! She was quite a fighter! I am so glad that she was able to persevere long enough to spend those three memorable days with you and Pat! That was an amazing blessing from God! I hope you continue to get the answers you seek and begin healing! I am here for you if you ever need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa and Pat,

    She survived as long as she did because of your love for her. Prayers are with you and I love Paige's Pretties. Bless you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete