Saturday, March 19, 2011

How Sweet it Is

Since my Paige went to Heaven I know she has touched the lives of so many.  I am tickled every time someone tells me how my angel has impacted them.  It's the best feeling to know that Paige is present in so many people.  Talking about Paige is my favorite thing to do, but I'm her mom....of course I love to talk about her and think about her.  It's the most wonderul feeling when others tell me stories about her.  I wanted to share a few because for one I don't want to forget them and two I thought they may make you smile...

* My friend Nicole has a sweet little girl named Audrey.  Today Nicole and Audrey went to visit Paige's Garden (that's what I call the cemetery).  Audrey insisted on taking Paige a butterfly (melts my heart).  When they left Audrey blew Paige a kiss and said, "See you later alligator!"  I just know that Paige responded, "After while crocodile!"  :)

*At school this week a sweet little boy in my class picked up the picture of Paige that I have on my desk and said, "Mrs. Steinhoff, I sure do miss Paige".  I said, "I miss her too sweetie".  He said, "I sure did love her."  I had to hold back the flood gates!!!!

Little things like this make my heart smile and are so healing to me.  Please don't be afraid to share stories like this with me.  They don't make me sad, they make me so happy to know that Paige is being remembered.

5 comments:

  1. I check your blog religiously to see if you've posted anything new about little Paige and ofcourse my kids know who she is because they never leave my side. The other day I was reading a post and my daughter Avery, 3, came over and said, "Oh, look mommy, it's baby Paige. She's so beautiful just like our baby, isn't she? I just love her so much!" Ryely, my four-year old, says that Paige is in heaven playing with Tiger (his nana and papa's dog) and when he goes to heaven, he'll get to play with her too.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you say that she responded with After while crocodile because that is exactly what we heard from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa,

    Paige has touched so many lives! I also check your blog religiously. Seeing the amazing strength that you and Pat have is inspiring, and I always love the pictures of your beautiful baby girl! Your love and thoughts about your daughter always remind me to slow down when things get crazy and spend time with my family!

    I know that sweet little girl is up there looking down on you and smiling at the love you have for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog daily as well. You are an inspiration to me for all that is good in the world. I smile more now than cry at your writings. You are healing with the grace of God and ALL those who love you so very much.
    Continual Love & HUGS
    Marcia Adair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am a nurse at children's (I never took care of paige while she was here, but I was in the spring garden when she was here)
    I just wanted to let you know we have one of Paige's hats here waiting for a little girl to come to our NICU. Everyone that passes and sees that hat absolutely loves it (it is the black one with red and black ribbon)

    I also wanted to let you know there are SEVERAL nurses here who read your blog each and everytime you post. We enjoy hearing from you and your family.

    kristen

    ReplyDelete