Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Cousins Love

Five months ago today my baby went to Heaven.  It's been a hard five months, but the love of family and friends continues to carry us.  My precious nieces and nephews talk about their cousin Baby Paige all the time.  I LOVE IT!  I love that most of them are old enough that they will always have the memory of her life.  They know she was real, they know that they loved her, and they know that she is with Jesus now.  I hope that they pray to their cousin a lot... I know she's listening.

This past week we celebrated Paige's 5 month birthday.  I use the term "celebrated" because we do celebrate that our precious angel was in our lives even if it was just a few short days.  Pat and I went and got ice cream to celebrate her birthday and so many family and friends called to recognize our sweet girl.  My sister, Maria, takes her kids to Paige's garden each month on her birthday.  Usually, they take flowers and give them to Paige.  My four year old nephew, Cole, had a different idea this month.  Maria told Cole that they would be taking flowers to Paige's garden that day and Cole replied, "No mom, I want to take her hot wheels.  That other kid had hot wheels."  So Cole picked a few of his hot wheels to take to Paige and asked Maria, "Do you think Paige will like the slow ones ok?"  Haha!  He didn't want to part with his fast cars! 

Here are a few pictures of Paige receiving her hot wheels!  I bet they go fast in Heaven!



If these next few pictures don'y show TRUE LOVE, than I don't know what will...  I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!!  Cole and Kate, thanks for loving Paige so much!  I know she loves you with all her heart!




By day the LORD directs His love,
   at night His song is with me...


Psalm 42:8


3 comments:

  1. I think that is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen...it gave me chills. Paige definitely has some great cousins!!!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria is as amazing as you. You parents did and are still doing a fabulous job with your family. I am blessed to be a small part of it.
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    P.S. Happy Birthday Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Cole wanted to bring Paige Hotwheels. These pictures are so sweet!! Still think about you constantly and love these inspirational updates. So proud of you guys!
    Love Ya,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete