Friday, June 10, 2011

Heaven is for Real

Thank you so much for all of the sweet comments, e-mails, phone calls and most of all prayers!  Pat and I are so grateful for your continued love and support as we prepare to welcome our second child to this world.  I can't begin to describe the crazy rollercoaster of emotions I have felt over the past two months.  I am overwhelmed with joy that God chose me to carry yet another miracle to bring into this world.  It's the most amazing feeling and I'm filled with happiness.  Although I am rejoicing for the life inside of me my heart still aches for my Paige.  I woke up angry this morning (I hate when I do that).  I want my little girl.  It's so unfair and it's so hard to understand, yet my heart knows it has to trust in the Lord.  I recently read an amazing book.  It's called "Heaven is For Real".  This book is a true story of a young boy's journey to Heaven and back.  I encourage everyone to read it.  It's an easy read and one of those books you just can't put down.. WARNING... you'll need a box of kleenex near.  This book gave me so much comfort and relief knowing that my Paige is in Heaven.  It validates what I always thought was true, but now I know.  Paige was welcomed to Heaven by Jesus, her great grandpas, her great grandmas her great uncle and many others who have gone before us.  Paige knows her mommy and daddy and one day we will hold her in our arms again. 

Please continue to pray for baby #2.  I will be posting many updates along the way and even some pictures of my growing belly.  This is something I did not do with Paige and I deeply regret it.  I feel like that is nine months of her precious life I don't have now.  So, be prepared for lots of pictures. 

For in Him we live and move and have our being.

Acts 17:28

3 comments:

  1. I can't even put into words how happy I am for you and Pat. Babies are the most incredible miracles. I am also so happy that you read that book. I am waiting to get it from a friend but everytime I hear about it I think about Paige and you being reunited. I will continue to prayer for your family.
    Rachel F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, we are so happy for you and Patrick. Congratulations on your second baby! There is no doubt your sweet Paige sent her mommy and daddy this special gift because she knows what wonderful parents you are! Kayleigh says she misses you very much...love the Trokey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa,

    I am so glad to hear that this book helped comfort you! I just downloaded it Tuesday onto my Nook to read because the pastor was talking about it at church Sunday! I am so glad God has blessed you with another little miracle, and I cannot wait to meet him or her!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete