Friday, November 4, 2011

34 Weeks

Another week down!  Five more to go!  It's almost not real to me.  In 5 short weeks I will be holding my baby boy!  Landon cannot get here soon enough.  This week was pretty uneventful.  Pat started coaching basketball again with try-outs starting on Monday.  Not might favorite time of the year, I'd rather have him home after work, but he enjoys it so much and I want him to be happy.  Tonight we went to Babies R Us and picked up our bassinet and a few last essentials we need before Landon arrives.  That's how we spend our Friday nights lately... preparing for the baby.  We're cool!  ha! I'm so tired after work throughout the week that I pretty much just come home and plant myself on the couch.  I try to always get one thing checked off our to-do list, but after that I'm down for the count.  I forget that my body needs rest.  Luckily, my little man kicks and turns and wiggles reminding me to take it easy. This week Landon has decided to spend most of his time on my right side.  My stomach has been so lopsided because of this that even others have noticed.  I love watching my students faces when they see my stomach move.  It's priceless!  They always say "Is that baby Landon?" with a confused look on their face.  So cute!  My little man had the hiccups earlier tonight.  Such a weird feeling.  I don't think he's in the head down position yet, but that's ok.  He has some time and really it doesn't matter because I'll have a c-section.  I can tell he is just making himself nice and comfy in there.  I really think he is getting big.  I'm excited for our ultrasound in two weeks so they can estimate his size.  By the crazy rate of my growing belly, I think we may have a linebacker.  I know I've slacked on the weekly pictures.  I'm not thrilled with this one, but since I haven't posted one in a few weeks...here I am tonight...


34 weeks
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 weeks
Size of baby: 17.8 inches and about 4.5 pounds
Gender: A BOY!!! Landon Jordan Steinhoff
Maternity Clothes: Yes everything is maternity at this point and even some of those don't fit anymore.
Movement: He is is still doing lots of moving. Not as many kicks, more just stretching and moving around. It's so crazy to feel him kick me in the ribs and then way down low. 
Sleep: I'm having trouble falling asleep, but once I'm asleep I'm good.  The trick is just getting all those pillows in the right place.  I'm waking up about 3 times a night to use the facilities.
Symptoms: Fatigue, tons of braxton hicks contractions, pains in my back and well now that I sound like I'm complaining I'm going to stop.  I would take all this pain plus more for this little man!
Cravings: Nothing specifically.  I do love my sweets!
Best moment this week: Feeling like we're ready for our sweet baby boy to arrive! 
 
Only 35 days until Landon arrives! 



2 comments: