Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BPP

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my second to last visit before my c-section!  I was happily surprised when they told me I was going to have an ultrasound.  I love any chance to see my sweet boy.  Then they told me they were doing the ultrasound as part of a biophysical profile.  I sorta freaked for a second.... I asked the doctor what was wrong and why Landon had to have this test done.  He quickly reassured me that it was only for precautionary measures.  The BPP is usually done after 32 weeks on high risk pregnancies (which I'm not), diabetic mothers (which I'm not) and on mom's who have lost a child in a previous pregnancy during the third trimester (which I guess technically I lost Paige at 36 weeks but not while she was in me).  I do appreciate that my doctor is so cautious and protective over our very sensitive situation.  His entire office... him, his nurses, the ultrasound tech and receptionist have all been AMAZING to us!  Love them!  Anyways, with the BPP they test the babies ability to practice breathe, his tones (movement) and they measure the amount of amniotic fluid.  Landon had to do his practice breathing and his tones in 30 minutes or less.  There is a total of 8 points given.  Six or more points is considered normal, anything less would be of a concern.  As soon as we spotted him on the ultrasound the tech right away pointed out his practice breathing.  He did it the entire time we watched him!  I was such a proud mama as I sat there and cheered him on yelling, "Come on buddy!  Keep going! Keep going!  You can do it Landon!"  Ok, ok, so I may already be that obnoxious mom who is her kids biggest fan.  Check 1, he passed his practice breathing with flying colors!  Next, he proved that his tones (movements) were not a problem.  He was moving a lot and all over the place.  Check 2, tones was not a problem.  Finally, the tech measured my amniotic fluid and that looked great.  Check 3!  Whew!  My sweet boy passed that test with 8 out of 8 in a short period of time.  So proud of my little man! :)  And, what a nice reassurance that things look good!  One more visit next Monday and then the big day... Friday, December 9th!  I can't wait to hold Landon in my arms! 

We love you Landon and can't wait to meet you!  We will always be your biggest fans! - Mommy & Daddy

I declare the end from the beginning...My plan will take place,
    and I will do all My will. 


Isaiah 46:10

7 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    Reading this post just made my heart jump for joy! It's been a long rough year, and it's so exciting to have such great news! There is nothing wrong with being that obnoxious mom who cheers on their child. I know that I can be overly obnoxious and think that Jameson is the smartest, most gorgeous little man in the world! I think every mom thinks that! Landon is going to be such an amazing little guy, and I can't wait to meet him! Hard to believe that it's less than 2 weeks away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon is already a GENIUS...passing his first test with flying colors!!!! :) CAN"T WAIT to hold my nephew in less than 2 weeks!!!!! We love you all so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect nothing else of my some to be new grandson. With 2 great parents like you two. Tell Maria that your Mom and Mimi get the first hold of the new little man. (ha)
    Love Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be hard to stay away from the hospital on Friday. Don't forget to text pics so we can see one proud mama and papa. Don't worry I will be there Saturday. You can't keep me away for to long. :) Besides Audrey is anxious to give him a blue balloon. LOL

    Love you! Praying everyday for safe delivery.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear of such great news! I will be thinking and praying for you and Landon!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Landon go!!! That's awesome news! I'm thinking of you all and can't wait to meet him! - Mankus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news! I can't imagine how excited you and Pat must be. Thinking about you and praying for all.

    ReplyDelete