Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Showered with Love

How blessed I am!  I've talked about my co-workers on here before, but words can't describe the friendship I have with the girls I work with.  I truly love the school I teach in and the staff is a second family to me.  After Paige passed away they let their love shine and they supported Pat and I in ways I never thought imaginable.  Today I witnessed that love again.  Paige was born before her scheduled baby shower at work, so today my co-workers threw me a baby shower after school.  It was so much fun and was absolutely perfect.  They even had my favorite snacks... sour cream and onion potato chips and peanut butter M&M's.  I know not a great combo, except to a pregnant lady!  Unfortunately, my prego brain got the best of me and I didn't think to pull my camera out until the very end of the shower... like when my team was cleaning up! 

These are the amazing girls on my team & former team (Nicole, Emily & Jenni moved to a different school last year) who gave the shower.


L to R: Nicole, Jenni, Stacey, Sheila, Julie, Rachel, Jen & Emily
Love these girls!

I was showered with so many wonderful gifts!  One of my favorites was this adorable glass block light that our school secretary made.  It's just so neat and will be perfect in Landon's nursery.


My friend Nicole is one of the craftiest people I know.  She can do just about anything!  She made Landon some of the sweetest hand-made gifts!

The sweet little booties she made Landon! 



The adorable Cardinal binkie holder.  One of a kind!

My favorite gift that Nicole made is the sweetest hand-made family book.  It's just perfect!


The front cover
Daddy & Mommy

Paige & Landon
The shower was just great and was even equipped with a very yummy cake.  When I finally realized I hadn't taken a picture of the cake yet, here is what was left.....

Oops!  It sure was good!!!

I consider myself so lucky to actually enjoy my job, I'm even luckier to go to work everyday with some of my great friends!  Thanks girls for a wonderful baby shower!  Pat and I are so grateful for your love and support!




1 comment:

  1. Marissa,

    I am so sad that I was not able to make it this afternoon and also missed seeing everyone from the other school. I tutor on Wednesdays. I am glad that you enjoyed your shower, and I cannot wait to meet sweet baby Landon!

    ReplyDelete