Saturday, November 19, 2011

36 Weeks

36 Weeks!  It's so hard to believe that in just 3 short weeks our little man will be here!  Oh, to hold him in my arms.... just thinking about it makes me overwhelmed with joy.  My arms have literally ached since the last time I held Paige and to think that in three weeks my strength will be restored!  It is just so surreal to me... my heart leaps out of my chest as I think about this baby boy inside of me.  He just can't get here soon enough.  This week has been bittersweet.  In a way it's a bit of a milestone for Pat and I.  Our sweet Paige was born at 36 weeks.  I had contractions the entire 35th week and was in and out of the hospital.  It's impossible not to think about that week, the anticipation we had and then the terrible heartache we experienced.  I know I have to believe that this outcome will be different.  I have to believe that our Landon is a healthy baby boy.  I have to believe, but I would be lying if I didn't say it was so terribly hard.  I'm not one to wish away precious time, but please join in me in prayer as I pray for these next three weeks to fly by.  I know I'm supposed to enjoy these last few weeks of sleeping in and the quiet time, but Pat and I are so ready!  We have rested, we have had our quiet time and now we want our family.  We want to bring Landon home to our house and love him and spoil him and change his diaper and get absolutely zero sleep as we lie awake with him at night.  We want it all... we want every last thing that comes along with parenthood.  I'm sure there will be those days and nights where we are pulling our hair out and can barely stay awake, but we WANT that.  We want a family, we want this baby more than I could ever express.  So, Mr. Landon, mommy and daddy are ready and we can't wait to meet you sweet boy!


How Far Along: 36 weeks
Size of baby: 18.6 inches and about 6 pounds (these are estimates from babycenter.com)
Gender: A BOY!!! Landon Jordan Steinhoff
Maternity Clothes: Yes and not even all of my maternity clothes fit anymore :(
Movement: He still is pretty active.  I do think he is losing space everyday. 
Sleep: I am up every 2 hours uisng the bathroom, but other than that it's not too bad.
Symptoms: I've been having a few contractions here and there.  I don't call them Braxton hicks because they are getting more intense and a bit painful.  They are very spread out though.  It's all part of getting my body ready.
Cravings: Nothing really, just eating a lot of small meals throughout the day.
Best moment this week: Making it to 36 weeks without having to go to the hospital!
 
We visit the doctor on Monday and we will have an ultrasound.  Can't wait to see how big this boy is.... I'm prepared for a big boy!
 
This I know, that God is for me.

Psalm 56:9




2 comments:

  1. Counting down the weeks. I can't wait to meet Mr. Landon either. Audrey can't wait to bring him a blue ballon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond excited for you and Pat! Landon is without a doubt one of the luckiest little boys to have such amazing parents. We are all counting down his arrival. Finn can't wait to meet his new buddy! Love you! Julie

    ReplyDelete