Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!  Today is a day to give thanks for the many blessings in our lives.  Although this year has been full of bumps in the road, heartache, the unaimaginable, and what seems like more bad news right after the other... we have SO MUCH to be thankful for.  This Thanksgiving Pat and I have so many blessings to be thankful for...  eachother, our families, our friends, our precious baby girl, our sweet baby boy, our health, our jobs, our faith, and the list could go on and on.  It really could.  There were days this year when I was not very thankful for anything.  Shame on me.  In the midst of the turmoil, the pain and the heartache it is our many blessings that pull us through.  We should always focus on what we do have and not what we don't.  We should be thankful for what has been given to us and not dwell on what has been taken away.  Even the smallest blessings deserve to be recognized and I have learned that this year thanks to my daughter.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! 

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
What can I give back to God
for the blessings He's poured out on me?

Psalm 116:5, 12



1 comment:

  1. Pat and Marissa,

    I continue to read your posts and appreciate and understand every emotion that you experience. So many people are praying for your beautiful baby and for your family. We can't wait for the great news that your beautiful baby is here! Not a day goes by that you (all of you) are not in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete