Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just 2 Left

Tomorrow dad goes in for his 2nd to last chemotherapy treatment.  This is his 5th round of chemo and we are so happy that the end is in sight.  Thankfully, dad has felt pretty good the last few days.  Food has actually tasted good to him and he has had enough energy to get out and about.  Today he went out for a good Lebanese meal.  To say I'm jealous would be an understatement.  ;)  Tomorrow my sister, Marcia, will be on duty with dad at Siteman.  Their schedule is full and starts very early tomorrow morning.  His day will begin with a CAT scan.  He will then visit with his doctor, actually a new doctor because his oncologist is out on maternity leave.  Once he's through with the doctor he will start treatment.  We are asking for BIG prayers tonight.  We have high hopes that tomorrow morning's CAT scan brings good news.  Please Jesus, let the cancer be shrinking and leaving dad's body.  Please join my family in prayer and ask God to take good care of my dad.  We are so appreciative of all of your thoughts and prayers and we truly believe that God listens to every single one. 

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. 

Psalm 62:5


1 comment:

  1. I am praying for your dad and the rest of your family as you enter what is hopefully the end of this major trial in your lives. 2011 has been a rough year for the Godefroid gang, but it will end on a great note with Baby Landon joining the family and your dad being (we pray) cancer free! Your strength and attitude amazes me everyday!

    ReplyDelete