Friday, July 15, 2011

18 Weeks

I am now 18 weeks with Baby #2!  These weeks are going by pretty quickly (I hope this continues).  In just three short days we will know if our baby is a boy or a girl!!!  Can you feel our excitement?  Many have asked what my feeling is.... honest trurth... I don't have a feeling!  I feel like an awful mother, but I honestly don't feel one way or the other.  I was the same way with Paige.  I had no idea.  Pat was positive that Paige was a girl going into the big ultrasound.  This time around he is pretty confident this baby is a boy... but he promises he won't be disappointed if it's a girl ;)  How could either of us be disappointed?  We are just so thrilled that God gave us a second miracle.... no matter if it's a boy or girl.  We will love him or her just the same!  Although our excitement is through the roof for Monday's big ultrasound we also have much anxiety that comes along with it.  At this ultrasound we will see our baby's major organs (especially the heart) and we will hear if everything is developing correctly.  Please Jesus, let our baby be healthy!  Please keep us in your prayers on Monday and ask God to give us strength to accept whatever news we may hear. 
 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: Almost 6 inches long and about 7 ounces
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and shorts are a must!
Gender: We'll find out on Monday!!!!  Only 2 days left to vote:)
Movement: The little flutters and pokes continue, nothing major yet.
Symptoms: I'm feeling pretty darn good:)
What I miss: Good sleep... still not sleeping for long periods of time. 
Cravings: Ice cream! Can't get enough of it!
What I am looking forward to: MONDAY!


Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
Your faithfulness to the skies.


Psalm 36:5



3 comments:

  1. Marissa you look so cute!!! I will be thinking and praying for you all weekend and especially Monday. I know you guys will hear awesome news and that Jesus and Paige will be carrying you both through this.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Katie O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, you look adorable as always! Good luck on Monday! The ultrasounds are always so much fun, even though I can understand your fear. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know Paige is looking over you, Pat, and her little sibling! Don't feel like a bad mom for not having a feeling about the gender... I didn't either... even the day he was born! Keep your chin and your faith up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa, you are the cutest pregnant woman ever! Good luck tomorrow and enjoy this exciting milestone in your pregnancy. Im sure Paige will be with you and smiling when she finds out if she will have a baby brother or a baby sister. I can't wait to hear the big news.

    Lori Trokey

    ReplyDelete