Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I didn't forget!

Yesterday marked my baby's 6th month "Glory Day".  The day she went to Heaven to be with Jesus.  I did not forget.  I know I didn't post yesterday...that was by choice.  The fourth of every month will always be very difficult for Pat and I, however, we are choosing to concentrate on Paige's birth and not her death.  The birth of our daughter was the most miraculous event I have ever been so blessed to be a part of.  It is something I never want to forget.  When Paige went to Heaven she was in my arms and I never felt so useless or helpless in my life.  There was nothing anyone could do to save my daughter and I couldn't do anything to help her.  I can't keep dwelling on that day... my heart breaks all over again and I feel like I have to start back at square one of my healing process.  Paige knows how much her dad and I love her and we want to celebrate her life and be thankful for our sweet little girl.  No, I didn't forget Paige's glory day.. we're just choosing to celebrate Paige's coming into our lives and not when she had to leave. We Love you Paige!

The Cord
Author Unknown

We are connected my child and I
by an invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.
It's not like the cord
That connects us til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on earth.
This cord does it's work
Right from the start
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.
I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.
The strength of this cord
 It's hard to describe
It can't be destroyed
It can't be denied.
It's stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.
And though you are gone
Though you're not here with me
The cord is still there
But no one can see
 It pulls at my heart
I am bruised... I am sore...
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.
I am thankful that God
Connects us this way.
A mother and child
Death can't take that away!

On Thursday I have an appointment to check in on Baby #2!  Please keep us in your prayers and pray specifically for our little one to be healthy with a nice strong heartbeat.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an ultrasound so that we can maybe find out if it is a boy or girl! 

The LORD will work out His plans for my life--for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for You made me.

Psalm 138:8

2 comments:

  1. Great perspective, Marissa! So proud of you!

    Kristen Fleschman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you four daily.
    God's speed at your appointment.
    HUGS,
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete