Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Week Ahead

I hope to be doing several posts this week because we have a lot going on... Paige's 7 month birthday, a doctor visit to check in on Mr. Landon and Paige's autopsy report meeting at the hospital.  And on top of that, it's that time of year again.... Back to School.... not with kids quite yet, but Pat and I will both be preparing our rooms this week and attending meetings for beginning of the school year. 

Tuesday Pat and I along with our parents will be meeting with Paige's team of doctors to go over ALL of her autopsy reports.  We've seen nothing so far, all the information we have received has been by word of mouth.  You may wonder why it has taken 7 months for us to get these results... well for one Ms. Paige had a lot going on inside of that little body.  Not only was she fighting AML leukimia, she was paralyzed on one side, had bleeding on the brain and multiple other diagnosis... are they all related?  Well, I guess we'll find out Tuesday.  Second, when you're working with the world's best doctors it takes time to get them all together with their very busy schedules.  And third, apparently the neuro reports took a lot longer than the other results.  So... with all that combined..Tuesday is the day.  I have mixed feelings about it all.  The meeting is in the NICU, the same NICU that my precious baby girl lived her three days here on earth.  I'm nevous about the flood of emotions coming back.  I'm sure they will, but only because we love her so much.  I'm hopeful that this meeting will bring Pat and I some much needed answers and closure to this whole nightmare.  I know that nobody here on earth can tell me why this all happened to Paige.  Only Jesus himself can tell me that.  But I'm hoping that these meetings will shine some light on the whole thing and bring some peace to both our families.  Lastly, I'm feeling some joy about being back at the NICU.  From the moment our Paige was rushed onto that floor to the second her sweet little body was taken away by the funeral home... she was loved!  The staff of that hospital loved my little girl so much!  They fought hard to make her better and their hearts broke during her last breath.  They loved my Paige and they showed Pat and I so much love.  It will be nice to see them again because they are among very few who truly knew Paige here on earth. 

I will meet with you there...I will speak with you...

Exodus 25:22

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy week. I hope this week brings you the answers you deserve, the strength to look ahead and the energy to prepare for your return to the kids who look up to and love you both so much!

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa and Pat, I know that walking through these doors will be hard for you, but so wonderful for you to get a little bit of resolution and peace about sweet baby Paige. We all think of you often and wish you the best! Congrats on the sweet baby boy, I'm sure Miss Paige hand picked him for you!!!!

    Nurse Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for some final answers and closure for all of you.
    I love Nurse Dana's comment about Paige hand picking Landon. What an incredible thought!
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete