Friday, July 29, 2011

20 Weeks!

We made it HALF WAY!   Our little Landon has been growing now for 20 weeks!  It's been an eventful 20 weeks, but we'll take it.  Anything to bring this little boy into our world.  This week has been great.  I'm feeling good and little by little my energy is coming back.  Last night was by far the best night of the week... earlier in the day I was telling a friend and Pat how I hadn't felt the baby kick in a few days.  His kicks and punches have been very sporadic and just one or two at a time.  I may feel one here and there, but there has never been much consistency.  I wasn't too concerned because the doctor told me that my placenta is on the outer wall and it may take longer for me to feel the baby move.  So last night while Pat was at the Cardinal game I decided that Landon and I deserved some ice cream.  I sat on the couch devouring eating it and about twenty minutes later my sweet little boy was moving around like I couldn't believe.  I don't know if he was running basketball plays or taking batting practice, but he kept it up for a good half hour.  He was all over the place!  I'm sure it was his way of telling me "mom, settle down I'm doing just fine!"  or "keep the ice cream coming!"  :)  Ha!  It was such a sweet moment.  If anyone walked into the house during that time they would of thought I was crazy.  I was cheering him on the whole time with "that was a good one buddy" and "wow, you are getting so strong".   Weird?  Maybe!  But I just love this little man to pieces already and I can't wait for him to be here...  in 20 weeks or less! 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby:  6 1/2 inches long and 9 1/2 ounces
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and shorts are a must and even some shirts.
Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!
Movement: I've felt him a little bit here and there. Last night he was showing off!
Symptoms: I'm feeling great!
What I miss: No complaints!
Cravings: Ice cream! I can't get enough of it and Landon likes it too!
What I am looking forward to: Feeling him more and more!




But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, "You are my GOD." My times are in Your hands...

Psalm 31:14-15

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I think feeling all the kicking and moving is the best part of pregnancy. It's the only thing I miss! LOL I know Jameson used to do a lot of moving when I ate ice cream too... maybe it's the sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HOPE you know you are such an AMAZING women!!!! Paige is such a beautiful little girl and I'm sure her new brother is going to be just as adorable. I do believe that other Mother's who have lost a child and read your blog daily become stronger everyday because of YOU!!! Your an amazing, courageous, beautiful, strong, loving, determined, grateful Mom.....(the list could). Your little girl and boy have the best Mommy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the above comment speaks volumes. I still think you should publish. You are such an inspriation to everyone who reads your loving words.
    KEEP THE ICE CREAM COMING!
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are written so beautifully! You look amazing in your picture! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete