Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy 7 Months Paige!

Today is my sweet angel's 7 month birthday!  I can't believe it has already been 7 months since my sweet girl came into my life.  I'll never forget hearing that first little cry when she was born.  Sadly, that was the only cry we ever heard come from our precious daughter.  It's amazing how much a brand new life can change your whole world.  I know that if we were able to bring Paige home our world would of been turned upside down with sleepless nights, feedings around the clock, endless diaper changes, etc... these changes we would of gladly accepted.  Noboy prepared us for the changes we did encounter.  The heart ache, the questions, funeral arrangements, choosing a headstone for our daughter.  But these were all little things to the powerful lessons our daughter taught us.  Paige taught Pat and I how to love hard.  The love I have for Paige, Pat and Landon is a love that I didn't know existed.  It's a love so powerful and so real.  Paige taught us to make everyday count.  In the beginning this was difficult.  It seemed our days just came and went and we were still left grieving.  Now, this brings a whole new meaning to our lives.  Paige helped remind us what is important in life.  We no longer sweat the small stuff.  Life's too short and too precious for that.  We thank God everyday for the blessings in our lives and we have hope for a bright future. 

My Sweet Paige,
   I can't believe it's been 7 months since I last held you in my arms.  It just doesn't seem like that long ago.  Daddy and I miss you so much and would give anything to have you here with us.  We are confident that you are in a much better place where you are healthy and strong.  We know you watch over us each and eveyday.  We can feel your presence.  Although we are having to take down your nursery in order to prepare it for your little brother, please know that you will never be forgotten.  You will always be our first love, our first miracle, our first breath of life.  Paige, you will always be a part of us and we can't wait to tell Landon all about you.  We love you sweet girl!

Love,
Mommy

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for His compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 

Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment