Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chemo Begins

This is just a quick update on my dad and his road to beating cancer!  Today dad spent his day down at Barnes.  In his words, "they just poked and prodded at me".  He had a series of things done, x-rays, MRI's (in which his nose itched the entire half hour and his arms were strapped down....brutal), CAT scan, and a lymphnode biopsy.  After his long day he got in the car and barely made it out of the parking garage and they called him to come back to the hospital.  They wanted to do an EKG.  So poor dad had to turn around and head back to the hospital (he didn't get too far in the first place).  I have a feeling the next few months will include many trips to and from the hospital.  Dad is scheduled to start chemotherapy on Friday morning.  Thank goodness!  I'm just ready for some treatment to begin so that we can get that awful lymphoma out of his body.  I know dad feels the same way... I wish I could take away the pain of the chemotherapy for him, but unfortunately, that's not how this works.  He's a strong man and I know he will conquer.  Please keep dad in your prayers on Friday as well as my mom and sister, Marla.  They will be going with him and learning how to care for him and his port throughout his treatment.  Luckily, Marla is an RN so she will understand all of the medical jargin.  I know Friday will be the beginning to a long road, but it's a road we're going to dominate!  Like my dad always says "A Godefroid can do anything!"  My dad will beat this cancer!


You are the most excellent of men...

Proverbs 45:2




3 comments:

  1. God is so faithful, and your dad is a fighter. We are more than conquerers! I will be praying for your father's strength.

    Kristen Fleschman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of Mr. G and the rest of you today! :)
    -Katie Mankus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the comment "we'er going to dominate"
    such a perfect choice of words. My prayers for you all.
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete