Thursday, August 18, 2011

Snap Out of It

Here was the post I started last night.  I stopped because my complaining was getting ridiculous.  I'm even quite embarrassed I'm sharing it now, however, please read until the end.

Believe me I can't stand hearing people complain just as much as the next person.  So take this as a fair warning... I'm about to complain just a bit.


So school started on Monday and so as of today I have officially taught three full days.  Yes, just three days.  Three doesn't seem so bad, yet I can't even begin to describe the pain I have in my feet after the past three days.  Now I realize it's probably due to the fact that I'm wearing flip flops with absolutely no arch support or any comfort.  My fault?  Definitely.  But still, the pain is unreal.  Seriously, does Dr. Scholl's make cute shoes?  If so, I so need to get a pair.  Besides my feet feeling like they could fall off... I am exhausted.  Not just tired... exhausted! 

Thankfully I stopped there.  On the way home from school today I was thinking about all the "chores" I needed to do.  Our house needed cleaning badly, laundry needed to get done, groceries needed to be bought, dusting, vaccuuming, mopping the kitchen floor.... the list could go on and on.  I was once again complaining!  I got half way home and wanted to slap myself.  How did I get in this slump?  This was ridiculous.  I had to remind myself how blessed I am to have a house to clean, clothes to wash, money to buy food and our blessings go on and on.  I was even  more angry disappointed with myself for the post I started yesterday.  How dare I complain about my feet hurting or being tired!!  For one, I should be thankful to have a job.  Second and a lot more important... I'm pregnant!  I am so unbelievably blessed to be carrying a sweet baby boy inside of me.  How dare I complain about the aches and pains that come along with pregnancy!  I needed a good talking to and luckily (probably with Paige's help) I was able to give that talk to myself.  So in the past 2 hours that I have been home from school groceries have been bought, laundry is in the washer, the family room got dusted, windexed and vaccuumed, dishes got cleaned and the kitchen floor got mopped.  Seriously, I don't know what came over me yesterday or today, but I'm glad I snapped out of it.  Life is too short and precious to complain about it! 

Thanks Paige for reminding me of that today!  I love you baby girl!

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Corinthians 10:13




3 comments:

  1. Maybe it was Paige, or maybe it was a glimpse of my unbelievably dirty/messy house while babysitting last night that inspired you to clean yours up! :) Whatever it is, I'm glad you've pulled yourself out of your funk and are back to looking on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Scholls does make very cute flats :) you can find them at DSW. Its ok to have a bad day from time to time- you are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again you never cease to amaze.
    HUGS
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete