Friday, August 19, 2011

23 Weeks & Update on Dad

Today I am 23 weeks with Landon!  Another week closer to meeting our sweet boy!  I can hardly wait for him to get here!  This week has gone by fairly quickly with school starting.  His movement becomes more and more noticable everyday and Pat has felt him a few times this week as well.  Very fun!

How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: 11.4 inches and 1.5 lbs
Gender: A Boy!!! Landon Jordan Steinhoff
Maternity Clothes: Yes for the most part!
Movement: Feeling him move every day!
Symptoms: Nothing I can't handle!
What I miss: Lazy summer days with naps at 2:00.  :)
Cravings: It's more that things don't sound good than actually having cravings!
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery painted so I can start getting it all set up.
 
Sorry I never posted a picture last week.. it totally slipped my mind!  Prego brain!
 
Here I am at 23 weeks! It's a little blurry, but it should work! Wow! I'm getting big!
 

Update on my Dad:

Today my mom and dad had a long day at the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes Jewish Hospital.  On my dad's agenda today was a PET scan, some blood work, a bone marrow biopsy and a meeting with his doctor.  I believe they got to the hospital around noon today and they did not get home until a little after 7:00pm.  My poor dad had not ate since midnight last night... I'm sure he was starving! 
Here is what we found out today:
1.  The lymphoma is in both arms, above and below his diaphragm, in his 10th rib and (one more place that I can't think of right now).  It is stage 4 lymphoma.
2.  There is a type A and type B of lymphoma and type A is much more curable.  Thankfully, Dad has type A.
3.  Dad's lymphoma is non-hodgkins, which is good.
4.  With lymphoma there is aggressive and slow-growing.  Aggressive is curable and slow-growing is not as curable.  Dad's lymphoma is aggressive. 

Where we go from here...
Dad's chemotherapy should start next week.  He will receive treatments every three weeks for the next 18 weeks with a total of 6 treatments. 

My thoughts on all of this:
We knew today would be full of information we didn't want to hear, however, our prayers are being answered.  We asked for this to be curable and it is.  We asked for a treatment plan and we got one.  We asked for strong spirits and my parents are the strongest there are!  I just know my dad will beat this thing!  I continue to put my faith in God that he will watch over my dad and heal his body of this awful illness.  I continue to be so proud of my daughter in heaven, Paige, I know she is watching out for her grandpa and doing her part to make him all better.  It's a road I wish we didn't have to go down.  It's a fight I wish my dad didn't have to fight.  This is what has been laid before us and I know God is going to carry us through to the very end!  Please continue to pray for my dad.  Pray that his spirits stay high, his doctors make the best choices for his treatments and that our family can be a strong support system for him.  We truly appreciate your love and support!

I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be restrained.

Job 42:2



2 comments:

  1. Marissa,

    First of all, you look adorable! I am sure you are completely exhausted after this first full week of school. (I know most of us are, and we aren't even pregnant!) Hopefully the year will move quickly, and Landon will be here soon! I can't wait to meet him!

    It sounds like your family got the best news possible yesterday about your dad. Like I said before, my dad went through this same thing and has been in remission for several years now. I am praying that your dad will beat this and be able to say the same thing years from now! Your family has shown such amazing strength over the past 8-9 months, and I am sure you will all pull together and do the same thing for your dad. I am sure that Paige has had a hand in all of this and watches over her grandpa daily!

    Keep your chin up! You are an amazingly strong woman, and I envy your strength and positivity! I am always here if you need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutiest daughter-in-law I have (I love the pictures every week).
    Your family is strong and very supportive of one another. That will never change. Just know that I am here for all of you and will and pray for you all. He will get through this with all of your support and prayers. (and of coures with the help from our little angel)
    Love you all Mimi

    ReplyDelete