Monday, August 22, 2011

Waiting in Line

Pat and I often discuss what Paige is doing in heaven.  Obviously we don't know and we won't know until we are reunited with her again one day.  However, it's a fun thing to think about.  Is she playing?  Is she sleeping?  Is she having a party?  Is she waiting in line?  This is one I think about often... does my sweet girl wait in line to talk to Jesus?  You're probably thinking... what? huh?  that's a weird thing to think about?  But, I do.  There have been several times since Paige went to heaven that our family has really needed some answered prayers.  For instance, when we had the scare with Landon's heart, with my dad's lymphoma, and several other occasions.   I always talk to Paige and ask her to watch over us and to help guide us and to ask Jesus to take care of our family.  Every time I talk to her about answering prayers I get this visual of my sweet little girl standing in a line and waiting to talk to God.  She's always the shortest one in line:)  I don't really know who else is in line with her, but I just see her standing there patiently waiting her turn.  And then we joke that God says to her, "You're back?"  and in a sweet little voice she responds, "Yep, I have a big family."  This may seem strange to some, but anything to do with Paige brings me joy.  Since I can't be there to experience heaven with her I can't help but to imagine what she's up to up there.  Sometimes I feel guilty... how much pressure can one little girl take?  But then I remember what a fighter she is and I know she's got it covered!  I love my daughter to pieces and I am so proud of her continued work of watching over our family.  I know it brings her joy to take care of all of us!  We love you Paige!

But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of GOD, to those who believe in His name...

John 1:12



No comments:

Post a Comment